Chapter 60

Rey's POV:

I wake up feeling arms around me, I open my eyes to see a sleeping Poe facing me. I tuck the pieces of loose hair back behind his head. He opens his eyes suddenly smiling when he sees I'm awake.
"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." I say

"It doesn't matter, I am supposed to walk up soon anyway." He says in a sleepy voice.

We sit there and talk for a while, it feels nice to just relax, not having anything on my plate.
      "So do you have anything you have to do today?" I ask

      "Today is my day off from training so, no unless I get paged because we need to attack." Poe says

      "What do you want to do today?" I say

"I don't know, what about you? Do you have something you want to do?" Poe says smiling at me.

"I don't know if your ready or not but I really want to tell everyone we're engaged." I say smiling back at him.

"I'm glad you said because I really want to do that too but I didn't know if you wanted to do it right away." He says.

"Okay let's do it." I say getting the ring off my dresser and put it on my finger.

"I love you." Poe says

"I love you too." I say as we kiss.

We break the kiss and talk for a while longer, thinking of who we should tell first. After I get up, and changing back into my clothes from yesterday. Coming out I see Poe is already ready, I take his hand and we walk out the door. "Who should we tell first?" I say looking over at him smiling.

"Maybe we should just let people notice, I don't think it would take people that long to find out.

"Yeah! Give them the aspect of surprise. But what if they don't ask about it?" I say

"If they don't ask about it and they see it im pretty sure they'll know what its there for." He says smiling at me.

"Okay, I like your idea." I say as we walk down the hallway.

Walking down people stare at me, why are they staring at me? look over at Poe he looks back.
      "What?" He says coming out of a daze.

       "Are people looking at you funny?" I ask.

      "No, well not that I have seen. Have they been to you?" He says

      "Yeah, it's weird." I say

       "Maybe they found out we're engaged." He says

"I don't think it's that." I say shaking my head at him.

"I don't know why they would be staring at you then." He says

      "Did you ever tell anyone that I survived, after you know." I say

      "I don't think I did other than Rose and Finn. That would makes sense." He says

      "Well I guess once enough people see you they'll know your alive." Poe says.

      We walk for a little bit longer finding Finn and Rose.
      "Hey! Rey your out of the infirmary!" Rose says walking up to me and hugging me.

      "I thought you weren't supposed to get out till tomorrow?" Finn says with a grin on his face.

      "Yeah, I was but I passed the walking exam so they let me go." I say.

      Suddenly I hear a loud gasp and I look up at Rose who is looking at my hand with Big bright eyes.
      "Rey! Is that what I think it is?" She says in an excited tone.

      I nod with a big smile on my face,
      "Mhm."

      "Your getting married!?" She says

      "Yeah!" I say she runs up and gives me another hug.

      "Congratulations man." Finn says giving Poe a bro hug. Then coming over to give me one.

      We walk to breakfast, Rose and I talking about the wedding.
      "So how big is it going to be?" She says.

      "Not too big but not too small." I say

      "What about your dress? When are you going shopping?" She says

      "Umm I don't know some time soon. And you, Maggie and maybe Leia are coming with me." I say smiling.

      "Yes! I will help you pick out the best dress!" She says starting to jump up and downs

      "Okay calm down now we have a while till that happens." I say laughing.

      We walk the rest of the way in silence, Poe and Finn mumbling about something. We soon walk into the Cafeteria everyone getting their usual. I sit down next to my friends and my amazing soon to be husband. I look around at the people who risk their lives to keep the Resistance alive and the few that saved me. I start to smile still looking around.
      "What are you smiling about?" Finn says a face full of a burrito.

      "Just how lucky I am to have all of you." I say and they all smile back at me.

      A/N
Hey guys sorry this chapter is a little short. There will be a time skip in the next chapter on Thursday. Hope you guys are enjoying this book! Thank you sooo much for reading it! Also sorry for not updating I've had writers block all day. :(