Chapter 73

Poe's POV

Month seven

I wake up at random times during the night to Rey tossing and turning or going to get out of bed. In the morning I wake up to a sizzling sound in the kitchen. I get up and follow the sound to see Rey making food.
"Good morning I decided to make breakfast." She says with a tired smile on her face.

"Your up early." I say walking over to help her.

"Yea, well I couldn't sleep last night so why waste your time trying to sleep when you could so something worthwhile." She says as I put plates on the table.

She puts the grilled food on my plate, as I sit down and take a bite. It tastses really burnt, but I eat it anyway. She sits down next to me, taking big bites, before stopping to look at me.
"Sorry I was really craving burnt food, I know you really don't like that too much." She says.

"No, no it's fine." I say smiling taking another bite.

"It's actually pretty good." I say taking another bite and forcing a smile.

"Oh, okay." She says sitting up starting to eat again.

After I get dressed, as Rey does the same. After we sit on the couch both, not knowing what to do.
"So, do you wanna go walk around." I suggest.

Rey sighs and sits up.
"Sure, time to get off my lazy butt anyway." She says standing up

"Just let me go change into a decent shirt quick." She says walking off.

I sit there for what feels like an hour as Rey picks out a shirt. Finally she comes out, wearing a grey shirt that was loose on her, and some jeans.
"Sorry, I couldn't decide what shirt I looked the least pregnant in." She says grabbing my hand.

We walk down the hallway, making our way around the base. Rey doesn't like to get out, unless she has to. I'm surprised that she wanted to go out now. We walk out by the x-wings and turn to look at Poe's. As he explains to me the in depth exterior of his Xwing, I hear my name being called behind me. I break Poe's speech and turn around, to see a Luke who's smiley face turned into shock.
"Oh, hi Luke." Rey says awkwardly.

"Rey! It's been a few months I've been away and I come back to this?" Luke says, a smile starting to cross his old face.

"Yeah, I guess." I say shrugging as Luke pulls me into a hug.

"Well I declare congratulations is in order. How far along are you?" Luke says shaking Poe's hand then turning back to me.

"Twenty eight weeks." I say smiling.

"Seven months! Well your coming along there, about one more month." He says.

"One more month." I say smiling. I hear another person walk up behind Luke.

"There she is, Rey it's been a while since I've seen you out here." Leia says giving me a hug.

"Yeah, I guess so." I say as we talk for a while longer, as I start to doze off, but long enough to keep. The conversion going.