Chapter 15

Rey's POV:

I wake up and look at the clock, it's 5:00 in the morning. I grunt and roll over on my side trying to fall back asleep. When I fall asleep though I don't see blackness I see a picture a familiar one, then I'm in a chair and I hear the enlightening of a lightsaber, and the smell of something, burning flesh. I realize what this is right away as I move out of it trying to get out of the restraints. Then, I remember that I got out of here before by using the force. I concentrate on the lock and they fly open. I fall to the ground quickly getting up, but ending up falling right back to the ground. Feeling the pain worsen in my leg. I soon get picked up off the ground by Kylo using the force. I face him as he starts to cut off my airway.
      "You really think that I would let you go that easily Scavenger." He says before punching me in the face, but right as his fist was about to meet my face I jolt awake. Seeing Dr. Antilles  and Poe. Poe looking at me with a worried face. I mouth to him I'm fine then laying back down.
"Rey, I'm glad to see your awake! Your heart rate was a little high last night, are you feeling ok?" Dr.Antilles asks

Ya, I'm fine." I say looking at Poe.

"Ok, well you have about an hour and a half before we'll start the process, eat some breakfast and drink lots of fluids and I'll see you then."  Dr.Antilles says before walking out the door.

"I brought you a sunny side up omelet with two suns just how you like it, with bacon on the side with some taun taun juice." Poe says

"Thanks" I say taking a bite

"So how did you sleep last night?" Poe asks.

      "Not very good I woke up a lot but in ok probably from just from the excitement of finally walking." I say with food in my mouth.

      " So no nightmares or anything..." Poe says trailing off as he speaks

      "Poe, I promise you it's nothing, just a bad dream." I say as I grab his hand and smile.

      "Ok, just know you can tell me." He says

      "I know." I say smiling then chugging down my taun taun juice.

      "Ok, I'm ready to go." I say

      "I'll go get Dr.Antilles and a wheelchair and I think we'll be ready to go." He says smiling.

"Poe, I just want to say thanks, for being here, nobody's ever done that for me before." I say gratitude in my words.

"Anything for you Rey, I know you would be doing the exact same thing if our places were switched." He says smiling sweetly before walking out of the room.

As I wait for Poe to get back my mind takes over me thinking about the possibilities, what if I can never walk again? What if I get captured again and I have to go through this whole process again? I sigh and look up as Poe comes back in.
"Dr.Antilles said that she will meet us in there." Poe says

I nod

"You ready for this." Poe says walking towards me.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I says smiling.

Without any warning Poe picks me up bridal style and I squeal as he sets me down into the wheel chair.
"You could've warned me before you did that your know." I say giggling

"I know but there's always a big reaction when you surprise someone." Poe says grinning.

Poe grabs the handle bars and pushes me down the hallway. We get to a room and inside there are many objects. Stairs, a rail, and even one of those running things. I look over and see Dr.Antilles standing next to a set of rails parallel to each other.
      "Ready to start!" I hear Dr.Antilles say excitedly.

      "Let's do it." I say smiling

      "So we're going to start with a person on each side holing you, Then we're going to use the bars, and then we'll try the stairs." Dr.Antilles says

      "Do I really need people to hold me, I think I'm perfectly capable of walking my own." I say

      "You can try it I guess." She says with a irritated voice looking at Poe.

      I nod and stand up feeling searing pain going into my leg. My face scrunches up and I loose my balance. I feel two people catch me and I sit back down.

      "See? Walking on a tendon after hurting it isn't a walk in the park." She says

      I nod and say
      "Ok I'm ready to do it your way now, let's try it." I say confidently

I push myself up with my arms and Poe and Dr. Antilles grab my shoulders. They hold me steady as I start walking putting all my weight on my good leg. I don't want to put any kind of weight on my other leg. I take a deep breath taking a deep breath and taking a quick step. I feel the stabbing in my leg again, but I keep walking we take two laps around the room before I sit back down.
      "That was really good Rey! You did great!" Dr.Antilles says.

      "Are you sure  I didn't hurt it more by waking on it?" I say

      "No, your strengthening that tendon again it will hurt, hurt a lot actually but the more you do it, the more it will get better. Just hi running until it didn't hurt walking." Dr. Antilles says.

      "Ok, I'm ready to go again." I say

      "Now we're going to try the rails, what you are going to do is use your hands to hold you up while you walk." She says

      I nod, and Poe helps me up to the rail. I walk on the rail using more strength to pull up on my bad leg when I walk. I get to the end and Dr. Antilles brings the wheelchair over and I sit back down.
      "Ok! So I am going to have you use this." She says handing me a stick with a curve at the top.

      "What is it?" I say confused winding how a stick can help me walk.

      "It's called a crutch, you put this part under your arm and use it as support when you walk on your hurt leg." She says

      I pick it up and stand up, Poe by my side. I start walking around trying to get used to walking with it. Losing my balance Poe catching me each time. Until I finally get it, it's not that much harder than the rails.

      "Now that I can walk with this thing do I have to stay in the hospital?" I say

      "I am confident that you are healed enough, so yes you can leave." Dr. Antilles says.

      "Yes!" I say happily

      "But, for the next couple of weeks I want Poe to help you. To watch over you incase you get hurt." Dr. Antilles says.

      Poe is going to help me? I don't need help, but it would be nice to spend more time with him. I think to myself in my head.

      "As long as I don't have to spend another night in here it's fine." I say smiling and then looking at Poe.