Chapter 37

Rey's POV

       My head jolts as I finally pull away from Snoke. I see the sunlight coming into the window, and stretch. I look down tangled in the sheets covering my body, Poe sleeps soundly beside me with a arm around my bare waist. I roll over and kiss him on the lips. His eyes flutter open and he grins at me.
      "Hey there Rey." He says with a sleepy grin on his face.

      "Hi, how'd you sleep?" I say brushing his hair back.

      "Oh just fine." He says laying on his left arm.

      "Well we should probably get ready, we leave in a few hours." I say pulling the sheet over me and walking to the bathroom.

      I look in the mirror, my hair is a mess and bruises on my neck and collar bone. But there are no bags under my eyes. I go to my bag and pull out a T-shirt and a pair of jeans,and fix my hair. then I pull on a sweatshirt over to cover The bruises. Then I start to pack my bag, stuffing my makeup, and clothes back in. Then go and see how's Poe's doing. He zipping up his bag and then looks at me.
      "You wanna go get some food?" I ask holding out my hand for his.

      "Ok." He says kissing my jawbone

      We walk down to the now familiar kitchen. I get pancakes and a burrito, seeming extra hungry at the moment, as Poe gets a burrito and we sit down at a table.
      "You must be hungry today?" Poe says starting on his burrito.

      I just shrug and start eating, shoving the burrito in my mouth and then starting on my pancakes. Right when I'm supposed to eat the last bite, a huge boom comes from outside.
      "What was that?" I say looking at Poe standing up.

      "It sounds like it came from outside let's go check it out." Poe says as we run out of the cafeteria.

      As we get out there, tie fighters fly above us.
      "The Governor." Poe and I say at the same time starting to run towards his office.

      A group of soldiers are escorting the Governor out of his office, and then a ship blows up the docking bay. How's the senator going to get away now? I think to myself as I know time is vital.
      "Follow me! I have an Idea!" I say running back to our ship.

We fit the governor, the senate and the council, into the ship. But there's no room for us. I look around and see a x-wing behind us.
"There!" I say pointing to the X-wing.

Poe lifts me up into the ship and, I help him up.
"It's only a one seater!" I say

"Well there's only one way out of here, and that's on this X-wing. I'll drive you sit on my lap ok?" Poe says sitting down in the pilot seat.

I sit down and surprisingly the straps fit both of us. Poe turns it on, starting it up.
"You ready? It's gonna be a bumpy ride." He says making his way to the runway.

"Let's go." I say as he takes off, ten tie fighters are on us right away, but even with me with him he, shoots then down easily, like their just target practice.

We soon get out of the atmosphere, just when a star destroyer jumps out of hyperspace.
"Kylo's on that ship." I say sensing his presence.

"I'm trying to get ya out of here as fast as possible if the ship would make the calculation to light speed." Poe says

Soon the calculations are ready, and we make the jump. I sigh and lean my head back on Poe's shoulder.
"We made it." I say Turing my head towards Poe.

"Almost, we just have to get back to the base, and it's about one and a half hours away." Poe says smiling at me, and tucking some hair behind my ear.

"We will." I say smiling back at him.

There's silence of us sitting there, taking in what had happened.
"We forgot our bags." I say frowning, but not having anything very important in it.

"All I care is that your out and safe." He says

"So I wanted to ask your opinion." I say

"About what?" Poe says looking at me.

"So Leia has said that she wants me to go find Luke Skywalker, since you know we have the whole map now." I say looking into his eyes.

"How long do you think it would take, or be there." He says

"I don't know a month or so I suppose." I say

"That's a pretty long time Rey, are you sure about this? and when do you plan on going." He asks.

"Well that's up to Leia, and he could teach me in the ways of the force and stop Kylo and Snoke from invading my dreams." I say looking at him.

"Ok, whatever you want to do is fine." Poe says, and I know he knows this is important to me.

We soon arrive at the base, and a voice comes over the radio.
"Please state your name, and occupation." A man says in a bored voice.

"This is Captain Poe Dameron, with Rey, reqesting to land." Poe says

We soon land and, people surround us, cheering as we get out. General Leia walks up and gives us both a hug.
"I knew I could count on you two to get the job done." She says smiling.

We soon find Finn, I give him a big hug,
"I missed you Poe!" I say as Poe does the same thing.

We walk off happy to be home, but I wonder how the first order found us, it doesn't matter now because everyone's safe, and we're home. I smile, taking Poe's hand, life is great right now, and I don't want anything to change.