Chapter 67

Poe's POV:

      I wait impatiently as the medic sews up the rest of the cut on my head. I can feel the needle going into my skin, and the thread being pulled through each time. Rey sits next to me patiently waiting, sometimes I wonder how she can be so patient all the time. After everything that just happened she so calm. Soon I hear the medic clip the thread and place a bandage over the now stitched up cut. I shake his hand, telling him thank you before walking off.
      "Well that was a exciting morning." Rey says to me, grabbing my hand.

      "Yeah it was." I say in a laughing matter.

      I look over Rey's shoulder to see a backpack on her back.
      "What stuff did you get before you had to leave?" I ask looking over at her.

      "Oh, umm some clothes, and food, blankets, the hologram with our wedding pictures on them, oh yeah and your moms helmet." She says

I nod and relax, I'm glad she got the helmet, but i could live without it, if it meant risking her life.
"So what do we do now?" Rey says as we walk around.

"I honestly don't know." I say looking around the dim lit room.

      "I wonder when there going to get the power on." Rey says, as she shivers and her teeth clatter.

      I walk up to her wrapping my arm around her. Her skin is cold and damp, I pull her closer to me hoping to warm her up. I soon find Leia, I let go of Rey and unzip the backpack and rampage around finding my leather Jacket. I give it to Rey who puts it on willingly. Then we walk over to Leia, and join the conversation.
      "I honestly don't know what we're going to do. We have our best mechanics working on it but it might be days before we get it on." I hear Mon Mothma say.

      "And without any power, we can't contact our Allies." Leia says sighing.

     "What do we do with the wounded? How do we treat them? What about food, how do we get the people food?" Mothma says worriedly.

      "Well, we'll have to do with what we got. Medics can treat them best they can and them when the power comes on they can proceed treatment. For food, I guess people will just have to eat what they have." Leia says sighing.

      "What do you mean eat what they have?" I say stepping in.

      "Oh, Poe I didn't see you there." Leia says looking up at my head, but not commenting on it.

      "Well I assume you heard the whole situation. Our main goal was to get everyone out of there, we didn't think about food. So it people have food, they eat it, if not then we'll there going to have to wait." Leia says sadly.

      "Oh, what about the cold? People are going to freeze if they don't have something warm." Rey says walking up behind me.

      "fortunately we have that. We hand out extra clothes and blankets to the people who bed them." Mothma says.

      She nods, looking back at Leia.
      "So how long till they can get the power back on?" Rey asks.

      "Your guess is as good as mine at this point." Leia says looking at us.

      I nod and we walk off, following the people who are walking to what I think are going to their new rooms. We get our room number and head the room. The door opens with a high pitched sound, we walk inside and I see Rey frown right away. The room looks aged, there's two bunk beds hooked onto the wall, a medium sized bathroom, and a tiny kitchen.
       "Well it's better than sleeping outside." I say

      "I guess." Rey says setting down the bag.

      She sorts out the stuff in it the blankets, my clothes and her clothes, the hologram, and finally taking out the food. She stands back looking at it.
      "Well if we play our cards right, I think we have a weeks worth of food here." She says, yawning.

      "Sounds good to me, it shouldn't last longer than that. Hopefully." I say.

      After she walks over the the bunk beds.
      "Well if we're going to sleep on these I call the bottom." She says, thinking about last time she slept on a top bed.

      "Well I think I have a better idea." I say taking off the mattresses and putting them on the floor next to each other.

      "Good idea. Poe." Rey says sitting down on the mattresses yawing.

      "It's weird. Suddenly I'm really tired." She says

      "Well it has been a long day. Do you want to take a nap?" I ask.

      "Sure, why not." She says laying down.

      I walk over getting the blankets, to cover her up. I lay them down on her, and then lay beside her keeping her warm. I soon fall asleep too, my body resting from the stressful day.
Week later (sorry for so many skips ¯\_()_/¯ )

      I wake to a warm feeling, confused I open my eyes to see the lights turned on. They got the power on! Yes! I think happily not wanting to wake up Rey. I get up getting my last pair of clean clothes, and taking a shower. I get out drying off, feeling relaxed after taking a hot shower. I hear a knock on the door.
      "Poe can you hurry up." I hear Rey say in a soft voice.

      "Yep just wait a few more seconds." I say hurrying to put my clothes on. Knowing exactly what's happening I hurry.

      I open the door and Rey walks in. Walking fast she gets sick. Her hair is already in a braid but I hold back the loose hairs, that came out during the night. After she's done I give her a glass of water.
       "How many times is that now? Five six?" I say crouching down beside her.

       "Seven." She says in a cracked voice.

      "I don't think this is just a cold Rey." I say in a worried voice.

      "Maybe It's not." She says, looking as though a light bulb just went off in her head.