Chapter 14

Rey's POV:

Time skip to two weeks later.....
            It has been at least two weeks after the incident. I haven't had any nightmares, but I still don't feel fully refreshed. Poe and I have become a lot closer. I'm still in the hospital though, I don't know why I can't just get up and leave. I haven't tried to walk at all. I'm getting really frustrated I just want to leave. It's so boring when Poe's not here. Today he has mission training so he won't be here for most of the day. I decide to take a nap since I have nothing else resourceful to do. I close my eyes and finally I see comforting blackness and it takes over.

Dr.Antilles POV:

I get done with my post ops and decide to check in on Rey. She's been here longer than expected and I really want to have her start walking on that leg again. The tendon isn't healing like it's supposed to, it's almost all the way healed but I need the swelling to go down. Other than that everything else is healed. I walk over to her room and open the door to find her still sleeping. I check her vitals Blood presser is 120/80 which is normal, her heart rate is 215 beats which is a little high, but I suspect it's ok because her body is sending extra blood and minerals to help her body heal. Her temperature is 99.4 degrees, but I assume nothing based on the infections and healing process she's in right now. I check her leg, she will have a pretty big scar even after the healing process is done. I put pressure on the spots that Rey said hurt last time and I watch her since in her sleep. I write all of this down on the sheet of paper to put in her medical file, and walk out of the room. All I want is to get Rey healed up, and sent out of this room. She has been in that room for so long and I can see the effect it begging to have on her. We have become really close over the time that she have been here, actually I would consider her as my friend. Usually I don't like to make relationships with patients but Rey isn't someone you just forget. I walk done the hallway back to the registry desk and hand the Paperwork to Nurse Brad.
"This paper work is for Kenobi, Rey." I say

Brad nods and puts it with her file and I walk back to my office. I start working on paperwork, logging my hours, my saves and losses. I see Dr.Mason walk past my room. I yell
"Hey! Dr.Mason where are you going" I say in a friendly tone

      He walks back over to my office door
      "Just going to the cafeteria to get some food, want me to bring you something?" He says smiling

      "That would be great, could you bring me a galaxy burger and a cantina coffee?" I say

      "Sure happy to help." He says smiling.

      I give him money to buy the food with as he walks off I go back to my work. A few moments later I get called to the Critical Care Unit. I race down to see that one of my patients is coding.
"Alright people how long has he been down!" I yell

"I've been doing CPR on him for about seven minutes" a women says who I believe is his nurse.

"Ok, I need a crash cart in here and hurry!" I say

"What can you tell me about this patient." I ask the nurse.

"He's a 53 year old male named Ralf brought into the Critical Care unit last week for sever burns on his shoulder. Vitals have been fine until now when he went into cardiac arrest about 10 minuets in counting." She says confidently.

I nod and see the crash cart coming in I pick up the electric paddles and place them on his chest
"Charge to 100! Everyone ready, Clear!" I say as the paddles shock him.

"BP is still going down." The nurse says.

"Charge to 150! Clear!" I shock him again.

There is no change there is no more beat.
"Come on Ralf! Charge to 200! Clear!" I say my last attempt.

I watch the strait line run across the screen. Until I see hear beeping noise of a heartbeat on the machine. I sigh and say
"Good work everyone, clean out his wound it probably got infected and page me if his blood pressure goes under 25 of its normal rate."

They nod and I make my way back upstairs and sitting back down in my chair. I take a bite out of my sandwich when Poe walks in the door he says
"Dr.Antilles can I talk to you?"

      Knowing it's about Rey I quickly swallow my sandwich and walk over to shut the door. I gesture for Poe to sit down and I go over and sit in my chair.
      "What's up?" I say in a friendly tone

      Rey's POV:

      I wake up to someone shaking me
      "Five more minuets." I grumble I hear Poe laugh.

      "Rey it's time to get up, you've been sleeping all day." Poe says shaking me harder.

      "Fine" I say as I open my eyes to see Poe sitting next to me and Dr. Antilles setting up the ultrasound machine.

      "Geesh Rey, you've slept all day! I brought you some lunch if your hungry." Poe says handing me a galaxy burger.

      "Thanks I'm starving!" I say biting into the burger, noticing how hungry I accually was. 

      "Ok Rey ready for an ultrasound?" Dr.Antilles says.

       I nod still chomping away at my burger. I see the familiar black and white screen as she moves it around on my leg.
      "Let's see good pulse, almost all of the tendon is healed. Those meds I gave you helped with the swelling. Looks like healthy tissue. When I press on the points where it hurt yesterday on a scale of 1-10 how bad does it hurt?" She asks
       "Umm a two maybe a three." I say

       "That's great! Rey how would you like to try and walk!?!" She says excitedly.

      "Right now?!?" I say sitting up

       "No, how about tomorrow?" She says smiling.

      "Sure! At 9:30." I say

      "Ok I'll be there." Dr.Antilles says

      "You have to be there too Poe, you've been there for every step of the way I can't let you miss the most important part. I say grabbing his hand

      "Of course I'll be there!9:30, got it." Poe says smiling.

      "Ok! I'll see both of you there tomorrow at 9:30." See you Then she says as she walks out of the door.

      "I can't believe I'm going to walk soon! Finally I can't wait to get out of this hospital!" I say happily.

      Poe and I celebrate, we talk for a while until the nurse comes in and tells Poe that visiting hours are over. Poe gives me a kiss on the cheek and says see you tomorrow. Smiles and walks out of the door. I'm going to walk tomorrow! I'm going to walk! I'm going to get out of here! I think to myself as I fall asleep with a smile on my face.