Chapter 27

Rey's POV:

    I wake up with a yawn. I open my eyes, and realize I'm in Poe's room. He's sleeping right next to me still sleeping soundly, his arms are tightly wrapped around me. I turn on my side facing Poe, getting into a comfortable position. I look at his features, his dark curly hair all messed up from sleeping, his handsome face relaxed as he sleeps. So calm, not wanting to get out of Poe's arms I lay there, taking in every detail of his face, until my eyes start to get heavy and I fall back asleep.
•••
I wake up to the smell of cooking food. I yawn and open my eyes to find Poe cooking food in the small kitchenette in his room. I smile and sit up, putting my stray hairs back behind my ears. Poe looks over at me and smiles,
      "Finally awake there sleeping beauty." He says setting plates out

      "What are you cooking?" I ask feeling my stomach rumbling.

"Omelets, I'm making yours right now, just Cheese and tomatoes on it right?" He says trying back to the pan to flip over the eggs.

"Yep."I say watching him flip the omelet in the air.

"Ok, it's ready."He says dropping it on my plate with the spatula.

       I get out of bed, realizing that I'm wearing a tank top and spandex shorts. I blush, but walk over to the table and sit down, and take a bite out of my omelet. It was amazing, savoring the taste I start to eat it slower but soon it's gone. I look over at Poe who is taking the last bite of his omelet.
"Did you like the omelet?" He says chewing the last bites of his omelet.

"Like it? It was amazing! I didn't know you could cook?" I say smiling.

"Just another one of my perks." He says winking at me.

I start to giggle, and then ask him
"What do you want to do today."

"Well, I thought we could go outside." Poe says grinning

"Outside? What would we do outside?" I ask

"You'll see." He says smiling at me.

"Ok." I say in a deceiving voice with a grin on my face.

"Go get dressed with some warm clothes on, and meet me down by the hangar in 20." He says

" Eye I captain." I say saluting him staring to walk towards the door.

"Oh, and Rey, don't look outside." He says and I nod and walk out the door into my room.
       I look though my drawers, trying to find warm clothes. I look through all my drawers and finally find some sweatpants and a long sleeve shirt and start walking down the hallway braiding my hair. Finally I get there, hoping I wasn't too late.
      "There you are Rey!" Poe says walking up to me and grabbing my hand.

He leads me over to a bench where there is a heavy set of pants with straps that go over your arms, warm boots, and a heavy coat, with gloves and a hat. He helps me put all of the warm clothes on, and then put his on. Then he covers my eyes with my hat, and start leading me somewhere. I hear a door open and cold air hits me, and I take the hat off my eyes and I see white everywhere, covering the grass, the trees, it was something I had never seen before.
"What is it?" I ask looking at it all.

"it's snow, it's made when it gets really cold and the rain freezes." He explains to me.

"What do we do with it?" I ask glad Poe had me put on warm clothes.

"We can make stuff out of it, you can build forts, and throw it." He says grinning picking up some snow and throwing it at me.
I scream and throw some back at him, he dodges it falling face first into the snow. He sits up with a face full of snow. All I can do is laugh at him,
"Karma really sucks doesn't it?" I say now on the ground.

Poe wipes the snow off of his face and throws more snow at me. I pout and Poe starts walking towards me. I stand up picking up snow on my way. I walk towards him, looking like I'm going to give him a hug, but instead I shove snow down the back of his shirt, and then I run to get away from him. He stands there cringing, but then he gathers up a handful of snow and starting to run at me. I start sprinting away, struggling to run in the high snow, and I trip and fall into the snow. I lay covering my face with my hands waiting to feel coldness on my back, but it never came. I raise my head up and I get a face full of snow. I sit wiping snow off of my face. Finally I call truce with Poe, wanting to build something out of snow.
"Let's build something out of snow." I say smiling at Poe.

"Ok, like what?" He asks

"I don't know, something easy." I say

"Hmm how about a snowman?" He says explaining to me how to build it.

"You take snow and shape it into a ball and then roll it into a ball. We make three balls. The bottom one is the biggest, the middle one isn't as big, but still pretty big, and the 3rd one is the smallest one." He says

I start building the middle piece as Poe works on the bottom. After, we stack the middle onto the bottom and then I make the head. We then walk over to the trees and get two sticks for the arms. When we're finally done we sit down and look at our masterpiece, we lay down looking up at the sky,
"I love you Rey." Poe says holding my hand.

"I love you too Poe." I say smiling.

It was another ending of a perfect day, as we lay there watching the sunset together, next to each other.