ONE

I look at the converter belt for my suitcase. I scan it until I see my suitcase. I walk over to it and grab it off of the belt. I dig my phone out of my back pocket and send a message.

Poppy:
Hey, I just got off the plane and heading out the doors now.

Knox:
I am out front waiting for you.

I give out a small smile while looking at the doors. My stomach starts to flutter when I see Knox in his GMC bobbing his head to his music. I reach him and he looks at me with a smile.

"Hey, studs." Hey says happily as I open the backseat. I look over at him and give him a huge smile. I close the door climb into the front seat and look at him.

"Hey, Babe," He leans over and puts his palm on my chin pulling me closer to him. He puts his lips on mine in a slow passionate kiss. It starts to heat up as he slides his tongue across my lips. I allow him to explore my mouth until I pull away to catch my breath.

"I missed you." He licks his lips. I blush as I look down for a quick second.

"I missed you too even if we had seen each other two weeks ago,"

His laughter causes butterflies to swarm my belly. I suck in a deep breath while watching him. His gaze stays on the road as he drives. After a minute or so, his eye was on mine.

"You know you don't have to stay in an apartment, right? I have a two-bedroom house and a cozy bed with your name on it,"

I hum and look out the window watching the buildings pass us. "It's a great offer, Knox. But I didn't move here to be closer to my boyfriend. I moved here for college. Living with you will be an amazing distraction,"

He stays quiet causing me to look at him. His mood had shifted from happy to annoyed. I swallow harshly. "Maybe after a couple more months? We just got together, Knox. I don't want to rush into anything and mess this up," He looks at me as we stop at a red light.

"Yeah, I get it, Studs. In time,"

He brings my hand to his lips and places a soft kiss on my knuckles. He turns his gaze back on the road. The rest of the drive we sang songs and talked.

When we pulled up to the apartment complex he turned to me and kissed me roughly. I giggle as I pull away. I open the door and close it. I open the back door and grab my suitcase. I set it on the sidewalk.

I lean in the window to look at him. He looks at me with a grin. "You look sexy in your short shorts," I grin.

"I wore them for you," He clicks his tongue while looking away from me for a moment. His grip on the steering wheel tightens a little.

"I don't really need to go to work right now," He says more to himself. I snort.

"You agreed with your father that you wouldn't miss any days for a while. So yes you do," He looks back at me.

"I will be over later tonight. Unless I get stuck at the office. I'll let you know,"

"Okay,"

I take a step back and watch him drive off. I let out a puff of air before turning around. I ran into a hard object causing my head to pound. I groaned before realizing the object was a person. Their hands had gone on my waist to stop me from falling.

"I am so sorry," A low deep voice says. I bring my hand to my head and close my head. "Does your head hurt?"

I open my eyes and look up to see a lime green pair with baby blue speaks. His amber brown hair is a little messy as well as his facial hair. A short scuff of hair that made him extremely attractive.