Chapter Four, Things Aren't The Same

Monika's Point Of View
      So I messed up, I can fix things. We all make mistakes and I'm new to this. Everything will go back to normal, I'll attempt to fix it again tonight. I know (Y/N) is becoming aware. I had everyone share poems but each of their poems sounded messed up, not disturbing but just like their sentences don't make sense. I really just don't get why (Y/N) is so into everyone else. I mean I have good things about me too, she doesn't even notice me. She shares with me last, she never wants to hang out with me... I will fix this. I ended Club early and went home. (Y/N) will have no choice, fate has chained us together

Your Point Of View

      Club was ended early, Monika said she had personal matters to attend to. Sayori and I walked home. The clouds covered the sun making it a dark and gloomy day. Yuri probably really enjoys these types of days. There was an odd tension between Sayori and I. We walked back to our homes and she stopped me before I walked into my home. "If any other girl in the club asked to walk home with you, would you walk with her?" Sayori seemed relieved that she was able to say it and get it off her chest. "Sayori....it really depends but I mean I really- No, I would walk with you," I responded.

      Sayori looked at me tears eyed. I never really stopped to stare but looking at her like this I never realized how beautiful she was. The way her bangs framed her face, the way her eyes always glistened, the way she would hold her small form in those cute poses. Sayori nodded at my words but then noticed me staring. I apologized then hugged Sayori, her arms found their way at my sides to embrace back. She stayed like that for a bit, then she let go and went home. I walked inside to do my usual homework and poem writing. I went to sleep but ended up with a horrible nightmare.

      I saw each of the girls from the Literature Club. Everyone was in the club room but each girl was....off. Sayori had a noose tied around her neck, her fingers bloodied, eyes lifeless but she was sitting at a desk writing. When I walked to her she was just writing "Get out of my head." over and over. Yuri was reading a book, per usual but she was covered in cuts, scabs and stab wounds. She was bloody but continued reading as if nothing was wrong. Natsuki, her facial features had been...blurred, covered with black bars. There sat Monika, at the teacher's desk with five buttons in front of her. Each One said, "Delete (example).chr".

      She had one delete button for everyone even myself and her. I woke up when Monika stood up and looked at me. I realized that I had slept in a bit but when I stood outside I was still earlier then Sayori. I waited for her and we walked to school like every day. The day was a breeze and I felt even more motivated knowing that one I have Literature Club after school and two it's Friday. I decided today in the club I would hang out with Sayori. "Hey, Sayori-You were cut off by Sayori.

      "U-um why don't you hang out with the others today, I need some time to myself, I'm sorry." I patted Sayori's head, I get it, it's one of those days where you want to sit and think to yourself, it's another dark and rainy day. You ended up talking to Natsuki about manga. Natsuki worries me, I've only seen her eat lunch at school once, she looks malnourished. During our conversation, Sayori announced she was going home early. Everyone in the club looked around at each other except Monika. Monika stared out the window, she seemed to have spaced out. I always wonder what goes in Monika's head. She's such a good student, she's all around perfect.

      Ever since that dream last night, I can't shake the feeling that there is something wrong with her. After awhile Monika called for the club's attention. "The school fair is coming up and this is a great opportunity to advertise our club so we will but putting up a stand. Natsuki could make cupcakes? Oh and Yuri could you decorate?" Monika asked. Yuri and Natsuki nodded. Yuri's eyes then lit up. "(Y/N), could you help me with the decorations after school?" asked Yuri.

       "Sure how about we do it at my place?" I suggested. Monika seemed irritated with Yuri's request. Yuri nods and Monika then adds "Club dismissed.".