Reseting, Chapter Thirty Four

I frantically threw clothes into my closet, my friends would be arriving at my house soon for a sleepover, it was all the girls in my gaming club which was just an excuse to play video games in school. A new horror game had been released and our principal banned it after she witnessed her son playing which immediately caused us to get together to play it after school. Sabrina, Lily, Mya and Blake were coming over in ten minutes so I quickly downloaded it. Upon downloading the game it seemed....babyish. I stared at the cute icon now on my steam. "Did I download the wrong game?" I thought to myself.

      Doki Doki Literature Club was the title so I guess I was right. Me and everyone in the club have disconnected from the Internet ever since the game came out to avoid spoilers so I didn't know what to expect. Eventually the girls all arrived and we decided to get pizza delivered allowing us to eat in my room. All of us had set up our computers on my floor bed and really anywhere with a charging station and room. Soon after catching up we opened the game. We immediately fell in love with Sayori and the club in general but the game truly wasn't scary and didn't seem it would be. After awhile things got...weird.

      Monika would talk to the other girls normally but me, no. Monika would say "welcome to the club!" to the girls around me playing and to me she would say, "Welcome back my love~!".

      It was odd but I wasn't sure maybe mine updated since I had just gotten it. Soon it was one in the morning and everyone had fallen asleep. The room was radio silent. "Everyday, I imagine a future where I can be with you~" it was singing.

     My computer was singing. "In my hand, is a pen that will write a poem of me and you" it sang in a sweet voice.

      All the girls awoke, tired and confused. "Um, (Y/N) what the hell? I'm trying to sleep!" Said Mya crankily.

       "I didn't do that....it's doing that itself....".