Chapter Twenty Six, Wrong

Sayori's Point Of View

      I walked home alone that day. My heart wouldn't stop pounding and I assumed that it was just my anxiety but it was bad. I ran towards the direction of my home as the light drained from the sky and left it grey as the clouds rolled in. Rain began to drizzle and I felt it on my face, and halted my running. Drip drip drip. The rain began to pour more and it satisfyingly fell on rooftops and fell off like sheets of ice. I kicked a rock as I walked home, no point in running since I was already cold and wet.

      Finally I arrived home. I went through my keys and found my house key. I unlocked the door and stumbled in. I tried not to drip on the floors but I failed. "A hot bath sounds good right about now." I thought to myself.

      My home was dead silent which left a ringing fuzzy sound to ring throughout my head. I undressed and put on my pink bath robe I felt warmer. I then walked to the restroom where I ran the hot bath water, turned on the tv and boiled water, I would make Macaroni and Cheese for dinner, it's the best thing I can make. I quickly finished eating then ran upstairs and hopped in the bath. The hot water first stung my skin but eventually it felt nice.

      I laid in the bath with my eyes closed humming. From the bath I could hear the tv until suddenly the noise was gone. "What the heck?" I thought to myself.

       I also thought maybe it was the fact I didn't take my pills today that I was having these odd hallucinations and other crap. My doctor recently diagnosed me with schizophrenia, it had been added to my list of mental issues. I got out of the bath, wrapped myself in the bubblegum pink robe and walked downstairs, I grabbed my pills from the cabinet and took all my evening doses.

      I began to walk upstairs and then boom I heard a noise as if one of my vases broke. No was this was part of my schizophrenic episodes. When I have those it's almost impossible to distinguish the hallucinations from reality but this felt different. I ran up to my bath, texted Monika to come over, got back in my bath and grabbed the pair of scissors from the counter in my bathroom.

      Crash. Another noise. This was real no doubt I was being broken into. The rain blew harder, not caring that I was at risk, time didn't stop for a moment for me to breathe, it moved faster like my heart.