Chapter Eight, Does She Not Care?

Natsuki Point of View

During club today Yuri wanted to help Monika and I paint a banner for the Literature Club. She rolled up her sleeves to reveal cuts down her arm. I stared in shock, Monika did nothing, as if nothing was wrong. I grabbed Yuri by her upper arm, trying to avoid her cuts and I pulled her up. I stared at her wounds and she blushed deeply. I pulled her to a desk and motioned for her to sit, she did as she was told as I grabbed the first aid kit, from under the teacher's desk. Monika stood up "U-um I forgot the red paint I'll go get it from the art room!" Monika said.

I felt something odd about Monika today. She seemed to pretend that there was nothing wrong even though it's very clear to me she's just ignoring it. I cover Yuri's arm in Neosporin and bandage it. As I begin to finish up, Monika runs in, holding a girl's hand. She locks both doors, takes the first aid kit from me and sits the girl down near Yuri. It was awkwardly quiet until Monika said "Well, let me introduce you to everyone." to the girl.

Monika pointed at Yuri and told the girl that it was Yuri, Yuri turned away and blushed. She then pointed to me and said Natsuki after she pointed to herself and said, Monika. The girl smiled and said, "Hi everybody, I'm (Y/N)!".

It got awkward fast. I finished Yuri's bandages and pulled Monika to the corner of the room. "Did you see Yuri's self-harm wounds!?" I asked.

"No..." replied Monika scratching her head.

"They were! I bandaged them but we should get help for her!" I shot back.

"Oh don't get your panties in a twist it could just  be a scratch!" Monika said laughing.

She walked back to the other two girls. Those were no normal scratches I had ever seen.