Chapter Five, Time

I walked home, the silence killing me. I hoped Sayori was ok, she has been acting odd. I decided to visit her before Yuri came over. I knocked on her door, no response. I opened the door, no response. I let myself in, no greeting. I called for Sayori, no response. I walked up the stairs, no response. I opened her room door and saw...Sayori in her Pajamas. She forced a smile. "What brings you here (Y/N)" Sayori asked. "I wanted to check on you, you've been acting different and I want to make sure you're alright," I spoke softly as if talking to a stray animal.

Sayori upon hearing words breaking out into tears. "I'm so sorry! I'm so selfish! I let you see my feelings and worry, I'm so sorry!" Sayori cried out. You knew what Sayori felt like, not wanting to be cared for but wanting to care for others. I told her that I wanted to hang out with her at the school festival (Monika must have texted her about it because she knew). Sayori told me she thought it would be nice, as she wiped her eyes.

"Hey, Sayori could you give me a moment I'm going to call Yuri and cancel," I said. "No! Please, I'm fine I promise I'll text you when I go to bed, to prove I'm ok! You and Yuri have fun!" replied Sayori.

I told Sayori she's welcome to come and help but she shakes her head, surprisingly. You embrace Sayori once more and give her a kiss on the forehead. Sayori blushes and waves you goodbye. Soon enough Yuri arrives at my home. I let her in and we begin to work. We work for hours and Yuri opens up to me quite a bit even letting me hold her knife, she seemed to have an odd fascination with the sharp objects. I had accidentally cut myself which lead to Yuri sucking the blood off my finger. She made direct eye contact as well, making us both blush furiously.

      Time passed quickly and Yuri decided she needed to get home, so I helped her pack up and offered to walk her home. Yuri rejected saying she was fine herself. Before parting ways I would have sworn I heard Yuri say "I love you." but when I asked what she had said she shook it off as if losing confidence. I told Yuri to text me when she got home. As soon as Yuri was out of sight Sayori ran out of her home and to me. She made direct eye contact, which is something odd for her, I usually don't look straight into her eyes so being able to stare right into her beautiful pools of jewels was a privilege. "I think I like you," said Sayori, dead serious.

       I responded casually, "I like you too.". "No more then friends." Sayori shot back, in a tone I've never heard her speak in.

      "I love you," Sayori said. She isn't in the place for relationships, I know that for sure. I love her too though. "I love you more," I said as I hugged the small girl.

      She blushed then began to cry. She cried hard and I felt bad. Did I do something wrong? Sayori grabbed me by the collar of my shirt, "You could never love me as much as I love you." She said losing all confidence. She looked down, she looked like the life had been drained from her and then she fell, to the ground sobbing. I tried to help her up but she shoved me away. "I need time!" cried Sayori, then she ran into her home slamming the door behind her. I muttered Sayori's name and then I snapped back into reality and ran to her front door. I gave it a few hard hits but all I heard was Sayori say was "We will see each other at the festival tomorrow, but now I need time.".

      I knew it was no use so I went home. I fell asleep and had the same nightmare like the one the night before except, Sayori wasn't in it.