Chapter Thirty Seven, Why

Monika seemed almost unsure of what to do next. Her face stayed confident as if she had planned this but her body was hesitant and barely moved. I let out an awkward chuckle. Monika blushed almost ashamed of her innocence and the fact she was unsure of what to do. I walked up to her and gave her a hug, she was probably gay and didn't know how to come out so she was lashing out...plus she had like odd powers or something. She seemed to cry a bit into my shoulder. "I can't do this! I can't be this!" She sobbed.

      "What don't you want to be?" I asked.

       "A monster who does this with you, you don't know what's happening, you don't love me! Not yet at least!" Cried Monika.

      I nodded, though I was confused I wouldn't question her. She continued to cry until I heard screams from below us. I held my breath. School shooter? Bomb? Suicide? What was happening. I opened my phone and played a police scanner and heard it. There was a strange woman wielding a sword in my school who had injured and killed some and was continuing to do so. I dropped my phone. "Do you know the girl who is doing this?" I asked Monika.

      "Listen you used to live with us Doki Doki Literature Club members, but you wouldn't fall in love with me so I transported you here and....Yea." Muttered Monika.

      Of course I would need proof for this but then I heard the screams get closer meaning the culprit was near. I shoved Monika into a stall and ran in and locked it. Bang bang bang! It was the killer she was trying to get in the bathroom, she was struggling due to Monika's power when she jammed the door. Soon we heard the wood being broken and the girl was in. She banged on each bathroom stall and came to ours. Bang bang bang! She broke the door off of its hinges and I screamed at the top of my lunges. She cackled, her purple hair swaying behind her.