Chapter 6- First Impressions

D.O stifled a yawn as he went downstairs to the kitchen. It was early in the morning and no one seemed to be awake yet.

He didn't know what he was hoping to see when he got to the kitchen. Sure enough, he was half supposing that Nami would be awake and be making breakfast for him and the other members but, half of him already knew that she wouldn't be there.

And sure enough, she wasn't.

D.O adjusted his rectangular glasses further up his nose bridge. He would have to put his contact lenses later on but, at least for breakfast, he wouldn't have to endure the stinging sensation, first thing in the morning.

As he busied himself with scrambling some eggs and toasting some bread, he began to recollect all that had happened last night...

He was surprised to find Nami's stuff scattered all over his room. There was an assortment of jumpers and cardigans and activewear strewn to one side and, a pair of trainers left untidily in the other.

D.O's first instinct was to tidy her stuff away so that he can get to his bed. He would go and fetch her later and help her move into another room--presumably Lay's-- since he was away in China.

"Yah! What are you doing here?"

He turned around to see a fiery Nami who almost wrestled him for the chunky folder he had in his hands.

D.O could tell that Nami was going to be a lot of trouble. He wasn't used to being around girls like her. He preferred girls who were calmer, more demure and generally less... aggressive. Nami, on the other hand, seemed like she was everything but, his ideal type. After all, she was prepared to wrestle Baekhyun to the ground. And he wasn't about to let her do that to him.

After he had cleared up the misunderstanding with the rooms and helped her move her things to Lay's, he felt like he could finally relax. He was already worn out from the variety show earlier that day. Why was everyone so curious about his love life? And what his ideal type of woman was? He was like any other guy. The only difference was, he was an idol and, he wasn't allowed to date publicly.

D.O collapsed onto his bed and tried to get comfortable. As he turned to one side, he noticed something white next to his face.

"What the--?" He lifted the white thing and stretched it out. It was made of cotton and its shape looked like--

"Aahhh!" he shouted as he threw the panties away from his face. He prayed to God that they were clean. He blushed as he picked them back up after calming down.

Nami really will be a troublesome person, he muttered to himself.

As he made his way to her room, he hovered outside her door, unsure of how to return her underwear without making it awkward for both of them. Should he smile while handing it to her? Should he crack a joke just to break the tension? He replayed many scenarios and all of them made him sound like a fool. There really was no easy way to return a girl's underwear.

He decided to just be straightforward about it.

As he was about to knock on the door, he suddenly heard murmurings from the other side. It sounded like Nami was on the phone with someone.

"I'll make sure to catch good footage of them doing their daily activities," he heard her say. Was she speaking in English?

Good footage? Daily activities?

D.O knew his English wasn't the best but he was definitely sure what those words meant. He strained his ear so that he could hear a bit better but then, Sehun appeared from behind the door next to him.