Chapter 26- Lucky Devil

My whole body tensed up at the abrupt meeting of Chanyeol's lips on mine. My heart was beating wildly against my chest while my mind struggled to calm the turmoil that was my thoughts. I was confused, bewildered, at a lost-- there wasn't a perfect word to describe how I was feeling at that exact moment. What was happening? Why was Chanyeol kissing me? And why wasn't I letting go?

When I finally straightened my thoughts, I tried pushing Chanyeol away, only to find that he had his large hand firmly secured behind my head. He fought my resistance, drawing me even closer as his kiss intensified on my mouth.

With his other hand, he brushed his fingers against my chin to tilt it upwards, allowing him better access. He moved his lips hungrily, not giving me time to breathe or recover from his touch. The faint taste of mint lingered in his mouth; the smell of his cologne invaded my nostrils and his dark hair tickled my forehead as he continued to stroke my lips with his. He used his hand to guide me towards him, his lips pushing against mine, a low growl rumbling at the back of his throat as he moaned. It sounded deep and sexy. I was melting against him, butterflies were fluttering in my stomach as he refused to let me escape his intoxicating embrace--

"Oppa!"

My breath hitched as Chanyeol finally pulled away, leaving me breathless and weak in the knees. His eyes locked on mine and I saw that they were shimmering with lust. He smiled at me. He looked like he was pleased with my reaction.

"What are you doing, oppa?!"

Chanyeol turned at the sound of a high-pitched voice. I did too. And when I did, I found that we were no longer alone in the dressing room. There, crowding in front of the door, was Suji and the EXO members. All their eyes were fixed on me and Chanyeol, the expressions they wore were of shock and surprise. Did they witness us kissing just now?

Suji was the only one who was vocal, "Oppa! What were you doing kissing her?" she asked angrily, her face scrunched up and her petite hands balled into fists.

Chanyeol wrapped his arm around my waist, drawing me closer to his hip. He smiled at her innocently, "What? I can't kiss my girlfriend?"

"What?!" Finally, EXO found their voices again.

"L-little Umma's y-your girlfriend?" Kai asked, still visibly shocked. "Since when?"

"Since just now" he replied. He glanced down at me and I looked at him, puzzled at what he was saying. Girlfriend? What? I never agreed to this! But before I could protest, I felt his hand squeeze me tighter against his hip. He looked at me as if he was warning me to be careful with what I say.

"Is this true, Nami-ah?" It was Xiumin. I looked at him and saw that he didn't wear an expression of shock like the others. Instead, he wore an expression of pain. He searched my eyes as if pleading me to say that Chanyeol was wrong-- that what he was saying wasn't true.

I opened my mouth and almost told him the truth, that it was all a hoax and, that Chanyeol was making it all up but, Chanyeol beat me to it. "It's true, hyung," he said to him. "We're dating now."

Xiumin looked from Chanyeol and then back to me. "I want it to hear it from you, Nami-ah." His voice sounded hurt, "Is this true? Are you and Chanyeol... dating?"

Again I opened my mouth but the words I wanted to say didn't come out. I looked at Chanyeol and saw that his eyes were urging me to go along with his lie. If you don't want me to expose your secret, you'll go along with it, his gaze said. I met eyes with Xiumin again. If Chanyeol exposed me now then, Xiumin and the others would find out that I was a reporter. They'd find out that I'd been lying to them all this time and they'll end up hating me. And the thought of Xiumin ever hating me was unbearable.