Chapter 64- Don't Go

I looked around the dorm one last time, remembering the fond memories I had with the EXO members over the last six months. "Goodbye, dorm," I said quietly as I walked away. I didn't have the heart to look back.

A taxi was waiting for me when I got outside. It was raining slightly and the sun was beginning to set, dyeing the grey sky a melancholy orange. Sometimes, even beautiful things like sunsets can look sad because it symbolised the end of another day. And for me, it symbolised the end of my time with EXO.

I climbed into the taxi and only then did I look back at the dorm once more. Who knew that I'd grow fond of EXO and even end up falling in love with them? I smiled weakly as I reminisced my first day at the dorm and how adamant I was to stay faithful to BTS. I remembered entering the dorm for the first time and seeing how messy it was and how I thought I was going to hate every minute of my time there. I blinked repeatedly, trying my best not to start crying again since my eyes were already puffy from crying hours before.

"Are you ready to go now, miss?" the taxi driver asked me.

"Y-yeah" I replied, hastily wiping the tears that were welling up in the corners of my eyes. "I am."

~*~

The seat belt sign lit up above Chanyeol and D.O's head as their plane got ready to land. Chanyeol braced himself for the sudden jerkiness of the plane as it descended downwards. Normally he found his plane journeys comfortable but, that was only because he always flew in Business class. This time, he and D.O were flying in Economy and, he hated every moment of it.

Chanyeol covered his mouth as he felt his stomach flip over from the sudden descending motion. He was worn out from the long voyage and it didn't help that he had to wear a disguise so that he and D.O wouldn't attract too much attention. Luckily, no one seemed to mind them.

Chanyeol glanced to his side where D.O was restlessly shaking his leg, causing vibrations to shoot up his seat, which wasn't helping Chanyeol's motion sickness. Once the plane had landed and the worst had passed, he peeked at D.O again, who was still looking out the window, even when it was getting dark and you could hardly see anything. They were in Seoul now and it was already night.

As the duo waited for the plane to start disembarking its passengers, Chanyeol decided to have a short talk with D.O. The whole time they were airborne, he had been too poorly to speak with him, even though he had many questions he wanted to ask. Since they were finally on land sweet land, Chanyeol asked D.O, "So, you proposed to her, huh?"

D.O took a glimpse at Chanyeol. He had a distracted look about him. "Er, yeah."

Chanyeol's eyes softened. "I'm happy for you, for both of you."

D.O eyed him quizzically. "You are?"

"Yeah" Chanyeol answered but D.O noticed there was a hint of sadness in his voice. "I'm happy that it was you that she fell in love with."

D.O wasn't convinced. "Why?"

"Because you're my best friend, D.O-ah" Chanyeol told him honestly. "And I know that you'll treasure Nami-ah and take care of her." He smiled sadly as he added, "She'll be happier with you than she ever would be if she stayed with me."

D.O was touched by Chanyeol's words. He gave him a small smile. "Thanks, Chanyeol-ah."

"For what?"

"For having my back."

Chanyeol grinned. "Just make sure you never let her go or else I might just snatch her up" he joked.

D.O grinned back. "I won't."