Chapter 12- Disastrous Situation

The funny thing about being a reporter is that whenever you encounter anything, you can't help asking a lot of whys. For instance, why was Baekhyun always the last one to use the bathroom? And why was Suho always grumpy after waking up? Why was Chen always asking 'why' at Suho? And why did Sehun like bubble tea? Why was Chanyeol's laugh so infectious? And why did Kai like chicken so much?

I furrowed my brow as I sorted through the large pile of laundry in front of me. And then, came another question, why was everything D.O owned, black?

As I busied myself with separating the laundry into piles, I started formulating answers to my never-ending list of questions. There were so many things I needed to find the answers to. I sighed as I started thinking about the next part of my report. Everything was going smoothly for now but, I needed more information: something that wasn't already known by the public about EXO or K-pop idols in general.

As I sorted the clothes into piles of who they belonged to, I came across a pair of SpongeBob SquarePants boxers. It was blue and yellow and quite childish. I smirked, I knew who these belonged to without having to look around. It was Chanyeol's.

"He's such a man-child," I told myself.

When I finally reached the last pile, I stopped for a moment to admire the clothes in front of me. It was Xiumin's pile. I picked up his shirt and traced my palm across it. The material was soft and it smelled faintly of his scent. The smell of his minty shampoo also lingered around the neck hole. Suddenly, I remembered the way he patted my head a week ago. I remembered the way his eyes crinkled to reveal his child-like smile that was full of innocence. My face reddened-- what was I doing sniffing Xiumin's clothes?

I dropped his shirt forcefully as I felt my cheeks heat up. What was wrong with me? My heart was beating like a drum against my chest even though all I did was sniff his clothes. Was I a pervert?

I shook my head violently to try and snap myself out of it. I was so confused with what I was feeling. You're a reporter, Mirei! I yelled at myself internally. And you're also an ARMY not an EXO-L!

But there was another question which nagged at my brain; could I be developing feelings for... Xiumin?

I groaned. That's another question to add to the list.

~*~

The sound of the water running was mystifying. Chanyeol embraced the warmth that enveloped his body as he washed himself away of the sweat he had accumulated from working out in the gym. It was late in the afternoon and he had just returned from exercising. He was surprised he still had enough energy left. He was physically exhausted but mentally satisfied.

As he arched his body back, the sound of the door opening caught his attention. He stopped.

"Hello?" he called out. "Who's there?"

But there was no answer.

Chanyeol turned the water off and decided to take a peek outside the shower cubicle. As he focused on the frosted glass doors, he could just about make out the outline of an individual. He opened the doors slowly.

"Hello, Chanyeol."

"Holy mother of--!" Chanyeol exclaimed in shock. "Aigoo, Baek! Don't just pop out of nowhere like that! You scared me!" He clutched his heart as he breathed in and out slowly.

Baekhyun laughed. "Sorry, Chanyeol-ah. I just wanted to take a shower. You done?"

Chanyeol frowned at him. "I just started!" He saw that Baekhyun was only wearing a towel around his waist. "And what are you doing here, anyway? I swore I locked the door." He narrowed his eyes, "Did you pick-lock again?"