Chapter 35- New Love

Baekhyun watched in amusement as Chanyeol paced up and down the corridor, occasionally glancing at the entrance to the dorm as if Nami would magically appear. He had been doing this for the past two hours.

"Why don't you just text her again?" Baekhyun asked from his beanbag. "You clearly can't keep still."

Chanyeol grumbled, "I already texted her fifteen minutes ago. I've been texting her every fifteen minutes but she hasn't been replying." He scratched his head in frustration. "What could she be doing?"

Baekhyun watched as Chanyeol started pacing again but this time, a lot faster.

"Relax Chanyeol" Chen told him from the sofa. "She's probably just talking with that Hyun-suk guy."

Baekhyun and Chen heard Chanyeol grunt disapprovingly in response. He continued his pacing until suddenly, he heard the sound of approaching footsteps from outside. In a few moments, Nami appeared. Chanyeol sprang to her immediately.

"Where have you been?" he questioned her agitatedly.

Nami peeped up at him and, after seeing who it was, hurriedly averted her gaze. Chanyeol noticed this.

"I-I was with Hyun-suk" she answered, not meeting Chanyeol's eye. She swiftly walked past him and headed straight for the kitchen.

Chanyeol was perplexed. He followed her, "And? Care to explain why you haven't been answering any of my messages?"

Nami dodged him as he tried to get into her line of sight. "I-I had my phone off" she replied, still avoiding eye contact as she got started on dinner.

Chanyeol was displeased, "Nami-ah," he said firmly. "What's wrong? Why can't you look at me straight?"

Nami fidgeted, "W-what do you mean? Nothing's wrong." She hesitantly lifted her head so that her eyes met with his but only briefly. "See? I am looking at you straight" she told him, before briskly turning around again to slice some vegetables.

Chanyeol still wasn't satisfied. "Nami-ah--"

"Chanyeol-ah."

Chanyeol turned around to see Baekhyun beckoning for him from the living room. "What?" he snarled.

"You have a call from Manager-nim."

Chanyeol frowned, "Tell him I'm busy."

He was about to turn back to Nami when Baekhyun continued, "But he says that it's about your audition for that Chinese film you wanted to take part in. He needs you to confirm some details."

Chanyeol sighed as he glanced from Nami to Baekhyun. The call was important so he decided to answer it. He will have to confront Nami later on that evening.

~*~

I let out a sigh of relief as I heard Chanyeol walking away. Slowly, I glanced over my shoulder and saw that he had gone over to take the phone from Baekhyun.

I sighed, What was I doing?

After meeting up with Hyun-suk, I had become more aware of my feelings towards Chanyeol. I felt my cheeks heat up as I recollected what happened earlier...

A coy smile appeared on Hyun-suk's lips as he stated, "You said it yourself. You're in love with him."

I blinked a couple of times, trying to process what just happened. Why did I say 'yes'? Is that how I really feel towards Chanyeol? Am I... in love with him?

I shook my head violently, "No. No, I'm not."

Hyun-suk nodded his head enthusiastically, "Yes. Yes, you are! No use denying it, Nami-ssi. You love him!"