Chapter 56- Sudden Development

Baekhyun yawned as he stretched his arms over his head. "I'm sooo tired!" he moaned to Chen, who was doing his leg stretches. "I just want to go back to the dorm and sleep."

"Well, you can't do that" Chen replied. "We have to keep practising so that we don't mess up our choreography for our US tour."

Baekhyun pouted. "Ugh. D.O-ah's so lucky. He gets to skip out on some of the rehearsals because he's on WGM with Little Umma."

Chen frowned at him. "Yes. But that just means he has to work harder when he comes back."

It was already late in the afternoon and Chen and Baekhyun were back at the dance studio, practising their dance choreography with the other EXO members. Currently, Sehun and Kai were talking amongst themselves, while Suho and Xiumin had gone to sort something out with Manager-nim. Lay, being Lay, was probably still in the changing rooms getting dressed.

"When do you think D.O-ah and Little Umma will come back from their honeymoon? It's been a couple of days already" Baekhyun commented.

"I think they're probably back by now," Chen responded. "Manager-nim took their luggage to their apartment already so that must mean they're in the process of moving in together."

Baekhyun had a sheepish grin. "Wah, D.O-ah and Little Umma. Alone in an apartment together..." He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

Chen frowned at him. "You're such a perv, Baekhyun-ah."

"What?" he whined. "It takes one to know one. I bet you were thinking it too."

Chen scoffed, "Yeah, you wish."

But just as Baekhyun was about to reply, the doors to the dance studio suddenly opened and in came D.O.

Chen, Baekhyun, Kai and Sehun were startled at D.O's sudden appearance.

"D.O-ah!" exclaimed Kai, running up to him. He was excited to see D.O back. He pounced on him and snaked his arm around his neck to catch him in a headlock. D.O squirmed under Kai's choking hold. With his free hand, he tapped Kai's arm to signal his submission.

"Kai!" he gasped. "You're-- you're choking me!"

"Oops!" Kai answered as he loosened his grip on D.O. "Sorry, D.O-ah. I guess I got carried away."

"D.O-hyung, how was your trip?" Sehun enquired. "Did you introduce Little Umma to your parents while you were there?"

D.O answered reluctantly while rubbing his neck, "No. We didn't have time." And Sehun noticed that D.O seemed a little down. "But the trip was good. Nami-ah and I had fun while we were there."

"Where's Nami-ah now?" Chen enquired. "How come she's not with you?"

D.O averted his gaze. "She's back at the apartment. I've just come from having lunch with her and she said she wanted to rest so she went home."

"Oh..." Kai sounded disappointed.

"But she told me to give you guys these." D.O offered the other EXO members a paper bag that had the Japanese confectionary sweets inside.

Chen took it and opened the box. "Oh! They're desserts" he observed.

D.O nodded. "She wanted to get you guys a souvenir."

"A souvenir?" Sehun was in disbelief. "But, you guys were just nearby."

D.O shrugged. "Nami-ah still wanted to get you something."

Baekhyun took one of the sweets and popped it in his mouth. He grinned, "They taste good."

"That's good to hear," D.O said softly. "I'll tell Nami-ah that when I get home."