Chapter 58- Like Before

One month later...

Chanyeol took off his sunglasses as he departed the aircraft. He squinted his eyes as he used his hand as shade while he took in the view of the beautiful, clear blue sky. He smiled. "It's been so long. I can't wait to see them again."

In a good mood, he strolled towards Immigration in the airport, security forming a barrier around him, as a legion of fangirls swarmed to welcome him. As swiftly as he could, he searched for Manager-hyung, who was picking him up. His face lit up when he finally found him.

"Chanyeol-ah!" he greeted happily, as he waved at him.

"Manager-hyung!" He waved back.

The pair both paced towards the exit so that they could avoid the traffic of persistent fangirls who were screaming for Chanyeol to look their way. When they were finally in the safety of their own car, Manager-hyung turned to Chanyeol. "How was your time in China?" he asked.

Chanyeol grinned, "It was good. I made a few friends while I was there." Chanyeol looked out his window and saw that they were passing by skyscrapers and many impressive buildings. The architecture in the US was not so much different from South Korea but, he could tell he was in a different country. Chanyeol observed how people of many ethnic backgrounds walked the streets with their distinct westernised style.

"The other EXO members can't wait to see you again" Manager-hyung stated. "They keep asking about you."

"Really? How have they been?"

"They've been well" Manager-hyung replied. "But, you'll be reunited soon. They should arrive by tomorrow. If I've got my timings right, the EXO members will be catching their plane later in the afternoon since it will be evening in Seoul."

Chanyeol merely nodded. Although he missed the other EXO members, there was one person he missed the most and constantly thought of during his time in China. He glanced at Manager-hyung, unsure of how to ask him about this person indirectly. "How's D.O-ah?" he nonchalantly asked.

Manager-hyung seemed unaware of his true intention. "He's been doing fine. To be honest, I haven't seen him around SMHQ a lot since he was out participating in WGM." He turned to Chanyeol from the passenger seat up front. "Have you been watching the episodes?"

Chanyeol nodded. "Yeah. I-I have."

"D.O-ah and that model, Nami-ssi, have really good chemistry, don't they?"

Chanyeol's lips formed into a thin line as he forcibly replied, "Y-yeah. I guess they do."

Manager-hyung continued, "The ratings for WGM were really high because of the pair. Although, there were a few haters from angry EXO-Ls which caused a few hiccups during production."

Chanyeol was quiet. He had seen the gossip articles and hateful messages on social media that were targeted at Nami. Most of them were from disgruntled fans who didn't like Nami getting close to D.O. He had feared this would happen but thankfully, no real harm had been inflicted on Nami by being on WGM. However, without a doubt, Nami had become one of the most searched people on the internet, due to her collaboration with D.O.

"I wonder if those two are actually dating?" Manager-hyung mused.

This startled Chanyeol, "W-what?"

He chuckled. "It's just speculation on my part but, I feel like the chemistry between them was so real that, they might actually end up a couple."

"D-don't joke like that, Manager-hyung" he replied, but inside, Chanyeol felt the same way. He had been following the episodes for WGM religiously and he had seen how Nami looked at D.O. Each time he saw her smile at him, something in his chest stirred. He knew what that look reminded him of-- it was the same look she used to give him when they were together-- it was the look of someone in love.