Chapter 62- Never Again

It was quiet in the dorm. I sighed dejectedly as I started my routine again, which consisted of getting up and making myself breakfast before sitting down and twiddling my thumbs for the next few hours. I was so lonely. Without the EXO members, I had nothing to do and no one to talk to and I couldn't believe I was actually missing cooking and cleaning. At least then, I had a goal for the day.

I rolled over to my side as I laid on the sofa. I was still unsure of whether or not I should contact Nikka. After his sudden confession to me, I had panicked and ended the call. What else was I supposed to do? I had deliberated on D.O's proposal for the past week, over and over and when I finally made up my mind, Nikka had to say that he was in love with me. It came as a shock. And, I may have overreacted by deleting Skype altogether from my phone. I still had it on my laptop but I hardly used it nowadays. I didn't need it anymore since I was giving up my job as a reporter and staying with D.O.

I peered at my phone now. Richard had sent me my boarding pass through e-mail yesterday as he still didn't know I wasn't going. I had been putting it off for as long as possible but I knew that I had to tell him at some point. I checked my boarding pass out of curiosity and saw that my flight was scheduled for tonight in approximately ten hours. It was still early in the morning so I had plenty of time to pack if I changed my mind.

But I wasn't going to change my mind. I was going to stay.

My phone vibrated and I peered down at it. D.O had sent me another message through KakaoTalk and it made me smile. He had sent me a picture of him trying out a giant bubble tea with Sehun and they looked pretty surprised by the sheer size of it. I giggled as I sent him a message back, telling him how much I missed him and how he should make sure Sehun doesn't go on a bubble tea coma while they were there.

D.O and I had been communicating with each other as much as possible whenever he had time. He was always busy with rehearsals, performances and preparations so our conversations were always short and brief. Sometimes, he was too tired to video call so we would send each other voice messages instead. I knew he was working hard so I didn't want to bother him no matter how eager I was to talk face to face. I was just happy to hear his voice.

I got up abruptly and decided to clear out my things. Since I had already resolved not to leave Seoul, I didn't have any need for my news reporter things anymore. I was going to turn over a new leaf and start anew.

As I went to my room and began to gather all the reporter things I had hidden, I suddenly noticed that I didn't know where my debrief folder was.

"Where did I leave it?" I wondered aloud as I searched the room. Finally, I peeped under the bed and found it, pushed right against the wall. "How did that get there?" I asked as I reached out for it with my foot. Once I had it within my grasp, I saw a thin film of dust on the cover. I flipped through the pages and found nothing was amiss.

"Lay had been using this room while I was gone," I said to myself as I scanned the layout of the room and observed how it had slightly changed since I moved back to the dorm a week ago. "Could he have...?" I glanced at the debrief folder worriedly, anxiety swirling unrestrained in my stomach. I had forgotten to hide my debrief folder before leaving to go on WGM so there was a slight chance that Lay may have seen it while I was away.

After a while, I decided to dismiss my worries. After all, if Lay had seen my debrief folder, wouldn't he have said something to me? Or, to one of the others? Either way, Lay and I didn't know each other very well so he had no reason to keep my secret if he had discovered it.

I tossed my debrief folder to the side. There was no point worrying. Since nothing happened before EXO left, I could only assume that Lay didn't see it and therefore, no one, apart from Chanyeol, knew I was a reporter.