Chapter 17- Shining Knight

Chanyeol's eyes never left Nami's profile as she danced alongside her idols. He saw how her smile never left her face and how she danced with fervour and spirit. Her happiness was infectious. Once the song was finished, he approached Nami and the other BTS members, who had crowded around her again as, they took turns to talk to her.

Chanyeol couldn't help noticing how Nami acted differently when she was around the BTS members. As he watched her act shyly while she spoke with Rapmon, he couldn't help noticing how Nami bore some resemblance to a typical fangirl. She was completely smitten by Rapmon.

And that made Chanyeol feel a tinge of jealousy.

"Why the scary face, Chanyeol-ah?" Chanyeol tore his eyes away from Nami to find that Suga was in front of him.

Suga glanced to where Chanyeol was looking at and he smirked upon seeing Nami and Rapmon together. He turned to Chanyeol, "She's quite the character, your dorm mother."

"She is, isn't she?" Chanyeol responded.

"You know, it really surprised me when you contacted me the other day" Suga began, "I didn't expect to hear from you. We hadn't spoken to each other in ages."

Chanyeol looked at Suga apologetically. "I'm sorry, Yoongi-ah. It's been pretty hectic with our schedules."

Suga smiled. "No need to apologise. It's the same with us."

"Will you be coming to this year's Gayo Daejun?" Chanyeol asked.

Suga nodded. "Of course."

The pair inevitably glanced at Nami and Rapmon again. Chanyeol frowned. Suga watched as Chanyeol's frown deepened the longer he stared. He was amused. "She must mean something to you for you to want her forgiveness."

Chanyeol was taken aback. "Sh-she's just a friend" he stuttered.

But Suga didn't believe him. "I saw some of the photos you guys took the other day," he said while eyeing Chanyeol closely. "One of them was quite daring. It would probably cause a stir amongst your fans."

Chanyeol averted his gaze. "Yeah. But luckily the model had a mask so, it would make it harder for the saesangs to identify her."

"She must be a very lucky girl to model with you guys," he said, prying further. "Did you find out if she was your fan?"

A small laugh escaped Chanyeol's lips. "Quite the opposite: she's actually one of yours." Suga watched as Chanyeol's eyes focused on Nami once more. He glanced from Chanyeol's face to Nami's and grinned at the realisation.

"It must be interesting living with one of our fans" he decided to say while gesturing at Nami. "Who would have known that your dorm mother was going to be an ARMY?" He laughed deviously. "It must have shocked Junmyeon."

"It shocked all of us" Chanyeol admitted but then, his eyes softened as they found their way back to Nami again. "But she's our little dorm mother now." He turned to face Suga, "And she's one of us."

Suga grinned. "We are one, right?" he asked, reciting EXO's motto.

Chanyeol grinned back. "Exactly."

~*~

Nami swatted his hand away. "I'm fine" she insisted. But Chanyeol saw that she wasn't. She was swaying a little.

"You should probably sit down" he suggested while steering her where he had spotted chairs. Obediently, Nami allowed him. "And, you should probably sit out from any more dances" he added sternly.

"Is Nami-ssi okay?" Jimin asked from behind Chanyeol.

"She's fine. Just got over-excited" he explained.