Chapter 9- Most Girls

Chen and Baekhyun were grinning from ear to ear at Chanyeol. They were alone in the changing rooms at the moment as the others were still back at the dance studio.

Chen began, "It looks like it's been decided, then."

Baekhyun joined in, "Yep. We all saw it. Nami-ssi's your gal. She was the one who walked through the doors."

Chanyeol tried to suppress his renewed irritation. He didn't like the fact that the pair had such smug expressions on their faces. No one anticipated Nami to walk through the doors. When Chanyeol saw Xiumin arrive with Nami trailing behind him, his face fell. Chanyeol was confident in his ability to read girls like a book. And Nami was a girl. The only problem was, Nami wasn't easy to read.

Chanyeol scoffed, "I can make her fall for me. You'll see."

Baekhyun let out a high-pitched laugh. "Yeah, good luck handling Nami-ssi!"

"She seems like a feisty one." Chen added, "She might even end up handling you."

"Hold on a sec," Chanyeol replied, frowning at the pair, "you don't know that. And you know what," he said while putting on his shirt, "I'm gonna make you eat your words."

The pair let out a long 'oooooh'.

"Still," Chen considered, "you might have lucked out. If Nami-ssi didn't come in when she did, you would have had to seduce Suji-ssi."

Chanyeol was pensive. "But Suji-ssi is more of my type, though."

"You like 'em bratty, huh?" Baekhyun joked.

Chanyeol glared at him.

The sound of the others coming into the changing rooms forced the beagle line to stop discussing about their bet. But with quick glances at one another, the trio agreed to reconvene later on that evening.

~*~

"Is it just me, or can anyone else smell something burning?" Kai sniffed the air as he and the other members entered the dorm.

Sehun was behind him. "No, I can smell it too."

The members rushed to the common area where they saw a soft stream of smoke coming from the kitchen.

"Is there a fire?" Suho shouted, searching around.

"Nami-ssi!" Xiumin called.

The members started coughing as the smoke drifted towards their direction. A wave of panic overwhelmed them as they searched the kitchen area for any sign of Nami. A few moments later, Nami appeared through the wall of smoke, wearing a plain red apron and holding a wooden spoon. "Omo. You're all here?"

Suho breathed a sigh of relief while Chen and Baekhyun hurried to open some windows to get rid of the smoke.

Xiumin ran up to Nami, "Are you okay, Nami-ssi? You're not hurt?"

Nami shook her head, "I'm fine." She turned to the others who were inspecting the origins of the smoke. "I was just making dinner."

D.O's eyes rounded when he reached the hob. "Nami-ssi, what were you trying to make?" He peered inside the large pot and saw a brownish sauce with chunky bits of raw carrot and potato and charred beef.

"I was making Japanese curry" she replied. She walked over to him, "But it's my first time making it so, I had a bit of trouble."

"A bit of trouble?" repeated Kai sarcastically. "Smells like you were about to burn the whole dorm down!"

"Well, I'm just glad there wasn't a fire." Suho sounded relieved. The smoke finally started to dissipate so that he could see the others clearly.

"You're just in time," Nami chimed as she started setting out the dining table. "The rice will be ready soon and the curry is just simmering."