Chapter 61- Heart Pillow

Nikka hummed merrily as he waltzed into his flat and dumped his rucksack onto his sofa. He was in a good mood despite just coming back from a busy day at the office. As he undid his tie and stripped off his navy blue suit, he cheerfully sprang to his room where he kept his laptop on standby. Excitedly, he turned on his laptop and waited for it to start up.

He couldn't wait to Skype Mirei.

Just a few hours ago, Nikka had received the delightful news that Mirei was coming back home early. Richard had informed him himself that Mirei had been told the news almost a week ago and that she was scheduled to fly out tomorrow. At first, Nikka was annoyed that no one had notified him that Mirei was coming home but, his earlier irritation ebbed away when he realised that he didn't have to wait another six months before he saw her again. He was going to see her tomorrow.

His smile widened as he thought, Mirei was coming home to where she belonged.

When Nikka's laptop finally started up, he noticed that he had forgotten to close some of the tabs he had been working on previously. On his browser were many articles and YouTube videos on 'We Got Married', the South Korean reality show.

Over the past month, Nikka had been watching every episode of WGM to observe how Mirei was doing. At first, he had been so shocked to see Mirei taking part in an intimate reality show that, forced strangers to act as a married couple. He found the concept of the show bizarre and he wasn't at all thrilled that Mirei, of all people, was pretending to be married to some idol he couldn't even remember the name of.

Nikka scowled as he saw Mirei's onscreen husband's face appear next to hers. The last time he had seen Mirei or spoken properly with her, was when he left Seoul four months ago. She had explained to him that she was fake-dating that man-child, Chanyeol, because he had busted her cover. And just a month ago, he suddenly found out that Mirei was fake-married to someone else. What on earth could have happened to have led her to get involved in a fake marriage?

It had driven Nikka up the wall not knowing.

Straight after discovering Mirei's sudden debut into South Korean entertainment, Nikka had done a lot of intense digging to find out what could have happened. After toiling through article after article and watching video after video, Nikka was able to connect the dots on what possibly may have led to Mirei's involvement in WGM. He knew that Mirei wasn't stupid and he also knew that she wouldn't participate in a reality show if she had the choice not to. After all, she had her cover to maintain and by joining WGM, she was compromising it.

Nikka discovered that the person responsible for getting Mirei involved in the show was someone called Suji Lee or Lee Suji, as the South Koreans would call her. Suji was Lee Sooman's daughter, who also happened to be the CEO of SM Entertainment. Nikka had wanted to meddle at first but decided not to, in fear of implicating Mirei further. He had learned that Suji was an influential person because of her father and it didn't take him much to discern that Suji didn't like Mirei at all.

Nikka knew that Mirei had been fake-dating Chanyeol because of their complicated situation. And he also found out that there were many rumours circulating amongst the fans that Suji and Chanyeol were secretly dating. But this misunderstanding was cleared up when he watched an interview of Chanyeol with some of the other EXO members who explained that Suji was not his girlfriend. On another interview, however, Suji had expressed her interest in Chanyeol, which made Nikka nervous for Mirei, who was caught in between the two.

Providing that Suji found out that Mirei and Chanyeol were 'supposedly' dating, Nikka had a gut feeling that Suji had planned to split Chanyeol and Mirei up by forcing Mirei to go on WGM. But little did she know the futility of her efforts since their relationship wasn't real to begin with.