Chapter 27- Ten Months

"So that's what happened when I left?" Nikka asked, astounded. "Wow."

I chuckled, "I know."

He looked at Chanyeol, who was standing a little further away from us, warily. "Just make sure you have your guard up. I gotta say, I don't really feel that comfortable with you pretending to be his girlfriend, even if it's all for show." He frowned. "If he ever pulls a funny one on you, make sure you hit him where it hurts."

The sound of the overhead speakers crackled as a voice notified us of the gates that were open for boarding. We were at Incheon International Airport and I was bidding Nikka goodbye. It was the following morning after the concert and Nikka was returning to the UK.

Earlier that morning, I had woken up early to go and see Nikka off when Chanyeol caught me sneaking out of the dorm. He was in his pyjamas and his eyes were heavy-lidded as if he hadn't had much sleep. "Where're you sneaking off to?" he asked, his voice was a little croaky from having just woken up.

I whispered, "I'm going to the airport."

Chanyeol was immediately more attentive, "What for?" he searched my person and saw that I was carrying a side bag. "Are you planning to escape, Nami-ah?"

I frowned at him. "I'm not leaving Seoul if that's what you're thinking. I'm going to see my friend off, you know, the guy you met yesterday? He's going back to the UK."

Chanyeol looked at me dubiously. "Wait here." He hurriedly went into his room and in ten minutes, he came out in a jumper, jeans and a black bomber jacket. "I'm coming with you."

I looked at him incredulously. "You don't need to come with me" I hissed. "I told you, I'm not going to run away."

"Then there should be no problem if I come, then," he said, giving me a lopsided smile.

I glanced at Chanyeol now. He was wearing a black surgical mask and a black baseball cap and was standing patiently while playing with his phone. I sighed. After Nikka leaves, I'll be alone to face the EXO members again. It was times like these that I needed a friend's support.

"Don't worry, Nikka" I told him. "I can handle him."

Nikka smiled weakly. "I know you can. You're a tough, little bugger." He opened up his arms and I accepted his embrace. It was warm and comforting. "I'm really gonna miss you" Nikka whispered into my hair. His beard was so close to my cheek that it tickled.

Chanyeol must have seen us hugging because suddenly, I saw his long arm sweep in between Nikka and I, forcing us to separate. He looked at us, a scowl forming on his lips. "Cheating on me already, Nami-ah?"

Nikka engaged in a stare down with Chanyeol. "What's his problem?" Nikka asked me.

I looked at Chanyeol. "Chanyeol, what are you doing? Can't you let me say goodbye to my friend in peace?" I asked in Korean.

He looked at me and then at Nikka. "You've said your goodbyes already, so let's go." He saw Nikka staring at him and he turned back to me, "And no more hugging. I'm your boyfriend now, remember?"

I sighed at him. Chanyeol was really irritating me today. "We only have to act like we're together in front of Suji-ssi" I reminded him. "And besides, I've already explained everything to Nikka. He knows that we're faking it."

Chanyeol looked at me as if I'd just betrayed him. "He knows? Why did you tell him?"

I arched my brow at him. "Don't you remember? He was there when it happened" I explained. "And, he's my best friend so he deserves to know."

Chanyeol pursed his lips. "Best friend, huh?"

I turned back to Nikka, "Ignore him, he's just cranky. He hasn't had breakfast yet."