Chapter 49- Memory Lane

"Now, let's play another game!" exclaimed the host, who had a wide grin on his face. I shuffled uncomfortably in my seat as I waited for our next task as a married couple, to be announced.

We were in one of the rooms in SMHQ and we were filming the wedding reception scenes. Normally, in 'We Got Married', the couple would have to play a few ice-breakers so that they can get comfortable with one another before embarking on more intimate challenges. 

After our brief break, D.O and I were ushered into our mock wedding venue, where we met the rest of the EXO members who played the role of in-laws. It was a small and intimate affair so there were only the EXO members, me and our host.

The host, who was Leetuk from Super Junior, was grinning at all of us as he stood in front of a game wheel that had a selection of ice-breakers. We had been playing this game for almost an hour and had so far been successful in accomplishing each and every one of our missions. D.O and I grinned at each other, both elated at how in sync we were. I peeped at him again and he gave me a small smile-- he was reassuring me that we will pass this game too. Enthusiastically, Leetuk spun the wheel and we saw that it had landed on the hand game.

A long 'ooooh' was heard from the EXO members who exchanged looks with each other.

"You got a good one!" Baekhyun shouted as he glanced at me.

"What do we have to do?" I asked. I wasn't familiar with the hand game.

Leetuk explained, "We are going to blindfold you and your main task is to differentiate which hand belongs to D.O amongst the other EXO members."

"So I have to feel their hands?"

Leetuk nodded. "Yep. It's a test on how well you and your hubby know each other already."

While I put on my blindfold, the EXO members assembled in a line in front of me. Leetuk stood by my side as he helped guide me along the line. I couldn't see anything so I relied on Leetuk to gently usher me along the single file. With my hands, I felt each of the EXO members' hands as I tried to figure out which ones belonged to D.O.

"This isn't D.O-ah's," I said out loud. "It's too large." I heard quiet sniggering coming from my right as I moved onto the next person. "This isn't D.O-ah either" I declared. "The palms are too rough." I kept on going until it was almost the last one. I felt the palm of the person in front of me and took note of how warm it was. The back of his hand was soft and the grooves of his fingers from where his knuckles were down to his fingertips felt somewhat familiar. It was a relatively small hand, not so much bigger than mine. I inspected his thoroughly and noticeably much longer than I did the others. "D.O-ah?"

A sound of surprise escaped the mouths of the EXO members as I removed my blindfold and saw that it was D.O's hand I was holding. D.O's smiling face was the first thing I saw. He gently removed his hands from my clasp and intertwined our fingers together. "You found me" he grinned.

I smiled at him as I let him lace our fingers together. The warmth that came from his hand was reassuring and it brought back memories from when he used to hold my hand to sleep. "Of course I'd find you," I told him.

"Well, that concludes the games" Leetuk announced and I quickly let go of D.O's hand. Leetuk looked at his cue cards and told us, "You guys did very well! You've cleared almost all the ice-breaker games without a hitch." He gave us a sly grin, "Sounds like you're a match made in heaven."

The EXO members joined in with the teasing but Baekhyun and Chen just mocked Leetuk's cheesy hosting.

Leetuk laughed and finally pulled out a golden envelope. "Well, as a prize, I'm going to reveal to you where your honeymoon will be."