Chapter 21- Secret Serenade

"So you're saying that this girl in the photograph isn't your girlfriend?" the interviewer asked.

"That's correct" Chanyeol replied.

The interviewer and the rest of the EXO members gaped behind them where a large plasma screen had a photograph of Chanyeol and Suji in an embrace. They were at the talk show and, like most of the EXO members anticipated, the interviewer had asked about what happened yesterday. Chanyeol and Suji's scandal had spread like wildfire overnight.

"The fans say that the girl in this picture might be someone at SM Entertainment" the interviewer stated as he read off his cue cards. "Other fans say that she might be Lee Sooman's daughter, Lee Suji."

Chanyeol fought to keep his poker face on. "That's right, the woman in that picture is Lee Suji."

Suho glared at him. Chanyeol saw Suho and read his expression: What are you saying, Chanyeol?

He stared back at him: Trust me, he said with his eyes. "I had met coincidentally with Suji-ssi while I was, erm, running some errands." Again, Chanyeol mentally kicked himself for the lame excuse. "And I ran into some fans who recognised me. There was a large crowd of fans and I was afraid that Suji-ssi might get hurt so, I drew her closer to me. But the fans misinterpreted my intention. It's all just a big misunderstanding."

The interviewer nodded accordingly.

"Chanyeol is a very caring person" Suho interjected. "He's not the type to turn his back when someone is in trouble."

"That's true," Chen affirmed, backing Suho up. "He's always trying to help others even when we're practising or when we're struggling with something."

Chanyeol listened as the EXO members tried their best to reinforce Chanyeol's fabricated story. They needed to convince the media that Chanyeol was not in any relationship at all, especially not with Lee Suji. That would overcomplicate things not only for Chanyeol and his relationship with SM Entertainment but, for the rest of the EXO members too.

"Well, now that's been sorted out," said the interviewer as he moved on to the next topic, "can you tell us more about the concept of your new song? In particular, the fans would love to know more about your promotional material that has been recently released on social media." The interviewer navigated the plasma screen TV behind them to show photos from their photo shoot a few days back.

The EXO members were surprised to see how well they had turned out. The photos were on a slide show which showed each of their individual photos with Nami.

"It was quite the provocative shoot," the interviewer mentioned. "And there has been quite a stir amongst the fans. They'd love to know who the female model is."

The EXO members exchanged looks with each other. Suho answered, "I apologise but, we aren't allowed to disclose information on the model."

"Oh? And why not?" asked the interviewer curiously.

"We have to respect her privacy as she would like to keep her identity anonymous."

The interviewer was surprised, "Anonymous? That's quite a strange thing to say for a model. Surely if she modelled with worldwide stars like yourselves, she would like to be well-known?"

Suho rubbed his neck nervously. "That may be the case but, I guess she wants to stay in keeping with our concept."

"And what would that be?" the interviewer enquired.

"It's temptation," Xiumin replied. The interviewer turned to him. "Temptation can come in all forms: it's anonymous. That's why the model wears a black mask."