Chapter 36- First Date

"He's really pissing me off" grumbled Baekhyun to Chen. "Look at him!"

Chen and Baekhyun glimpsed at Chanyeol who had been smiling to himself as he practised the choreography to 'Monster'. The EXO members were in the dance studio again, rehearsing the songs from their album, 'Ex'Act'.

"He's been grinning from ear to ear since this morning and it's creeping me out, Chen! Do something!"

Chen raised a brow at Baekhyun. "He's just in a good mood because he has a date later on today."

"A date?" Baekhyun was surprised. "With Little Umma?"

Chen nodded. "He asked me if I knew what type of flowers Nami-ah liked, earlier."

Baekhyun was confused, "Why would he ask you?"

Chen shrugged. "Maybe because she used to come and hang out with me and Xiumin-hyung a lot before. I dunno. Either way, when I asked why he wanted to know, he said that they were going on a date later this evening."

"Who's going on a date this evening?" The pair turned around to see Suho eavesdropping on their conversation. "Are you talking about Kai and Krystal?"

"No, hyung" Baekhyun replied. "We were talking about Chanyeol and Little Umma. Apparently, they're going on a date tonight."

Suho was surprised. "Oh." He frowned. "Why didn't either of them tell me?"

Chen was amused, "Do they have to tell you?"

"Of course! I'm responsible for keeping all of you kids in order." He turned and marched up to Chanyeol who was now, busy messaging on his phone. He still had a wide grin on his face. "Chanyeol-ah" Suho called him.

Chanyeol broke away from his phone and saw Suho was in front of him. "Er, yeah, hyung?"

Suho pursed his lips, "I heard from Chen and Baekhyun that you're going on a date with Nami-ah tonight. Is this true?"

Chanyeol shot daggers at Baekhyun and Chen who happened to be in his line of sight. He sighed, "Yes, hyung. It's true." He didn't want any of the other EXO members to know because he knew they would interfere with his plans.

Suho let out a hmph. "Okay, then. I just wanted to know."

"You're not going to stop me from going?" Chanyeol asked, astounded. He definitely thought Suho, of all people, would be the most against him going on a date.

Suho scoffed, "Why would I do that?"

"Because of the media and scandals and the fans--all those things. You usually grill me about that stuff."

"Yah, Chanyeol-ah" Suho said, unimpressed. "I'm your leader, not your mother. I only want to look out for the team but, I'm not going to deny you your rights to have a relationship."

Chanyeol was still in disbelief, "But you're usually so uptight about the no-dating contract."

Suho sighed. "Even if I try to enforce it, does it really stop any of you guys from secretly dating?"

Chanyeol thought for a moment and remembered that Kai was secretly dating Krystal from f(x) and how Baekhyun had secretly dated Taeyeon from Girls Generation. Suho had resisted their relationship in the same way as he had resisted his relationship with Nami. But in the end, he would always give in and tell them to be sensible and try not to cause any scandals that would negatively implicate the group.

"No, I guess not" Chanyeol responded.

Suho smiled at him. "Just make sure you're careful while you're outside. Try not to attract too much attention and make sure you wear a disguise."