Chapter 25- Deceitful Kiss

Chanyeol stifled a groan as their performance on stage ended and they had to leave to make way for BTS. He had hoped to be on stage for longer. Not just because he loved performing and the sound of the audience chanting along to their songs but, for another reason. And that reason was the longer he stayed on stage, the longer he was able to avoid meeting Lee Suji.

Prior to their performance, the EXO members had gathered for a pep rally by Suho. They normally did this before every performance. It was like a ritual to them; a way of banishing their nerves and providing each other with the reassurance that everything will go smoothly.

"But the most important thing is," Suho concluded, "that we have fun tonight."

The EXO members nodded in agreement. They had this performance in the bag. But while they were busy egging each other on, they failed to notice the entrance of an unwanted visitor to their dressing room.

"Oppa!" Chanyeol heard a shrill voice say. Dread filled his every being as he slowly turned around to greet their uninvited guest. "Hello, Suji-ssi."

Suji approached him with the widest smile. "Oppa, I have some good news for EXO." She joined the rest of the members in sitting down in a huddle around the table. "I've just arranged for you all to take part in an interview for the national news channel! Isn't that exciting?"

The EXO members exchanged looks with each other and feigned excitement. The last thing they needed was an interview.

"That's great, Suji-ssi," Suho said forcing a smile on his face. "When will it be?"

"It will be straight after you perform. You will need to go to the empty hall at the end of the corridor" she instructed. "It's all been set up. You'll get full coverage and everything!"

Chanyeol wasn't alone in inwardly groaning. They hated attending interviews straight after performing. Mainly because they were always exhausted and they were subjected to sitting or standing awkwardly for long periods of time.

"Okay, Suji-ssi. We'll go straight there after our performance" Suho replied.

"Great, oppa! I'll be waiting for you all there" she chimed. She eyed Chanyeol specifically and noticed that he was wearing the tie she had gifted him. "That tie really suits you, oppa."

Chanyeol flashed her a quick smile before she left. And once she was out of sight, he sighed. Suji's affection was like a piece of food that had gotten stuck in between his teeth and wouldn't come out: it was annoying and incredibly uncomfortable. He needed something or someone to pluck her away from him like a toothpick would. The question was, where was he going to find a toothpick big enough to get rid of a nuisance like Lee Suji?

Chanyeol let out an audible sigh as he trudged behind the EXO members. They were now making their way to the empty hall where they had promised to meet Suji for the impromptu interview.

"I think we killed it out there" Baekhyun commented as they walked.

Sehun agreed, "We definitely slayed it. There was no doubt. Did you hear how loud the crowd was?"

"They were wild!" Chen exclaimed.

But as the other members talked noisily about their performance, Chanyeol noticed that Kai was strangely quiet. "What's up, Kai?" he asked him. They were both trailing behind the others.

Kai looked up at Chanyeol. "I noticed something weird while we were performing" he began. "I saw someone that looked like Little Umma being escorted by security."

Chanyeol was intrigued. "By security? Why?"

Kai shrugged. "I dunno. She was wearing a white dress so she stood out. I just saw her from the corner of my eye."