Chapter 13- Little Mother

D.O leaned back from the window which overlooked the garden. He blinked. "So that's what she's been hiding..." he took one last peek and saw Nami walking away from a disgruntled Chanyeol. He turned away from the window quickly to avoid being detected.

D.O had passed by the window on his way downstairs and had spotted Nami doing the laundry. He was about to call out to her when he noticed she was on the phone with someone.

And that someone was speaking English with her.

D.O stood by the window and watched as Nami whispered into the receiver. But even though they were hushed whispers, D.O could make out snippets of their conversation.

"...Videos... I will send later..." he heard her say and, "I... my work as...reporter..."

His ears pricked up at that word. Reporter. He thought for a moment and recollected the other words he overheard a long time ago. Good footage and daily activities.

Now, it made sense. Nami was a reporter. How else could he explain why her English sounded better than her Korean?

She was a reporter from overseas.

D.O turned away from the window and stared blankly at the wall. What should he do now? Nami could potentially be a threat to EXO. After all, reporters had a bad reputation of invading celebrities' privacy and Nami was doing exactly that.

He thought deeply, should he expose her? Should he get her kicked out? That would be the right thing to do. And yet... why did he feel like it wasn't?

Ever since Nami came, he had been feeling a strange tightness in his chest. And he couldn't figure out why he was feeling that way. What was she to him? Wasn't she just a friend?

But I don't want to be just friends...

He shook his head violently. Snap out of it, D.O! he internally shouted. She's a reporter-- she can't be trusted!

But even though he knew this, he couldn't help being attracted to her. It was like Nami had bewitched him. And he knew he wasn't the only one under her spell.

It was subtle but, things had changed amongst the other members too. D.O noticed that they were more lively now. They laughed a lot more and he knew that Nami was the cause of it. He didn't want to be the one to ruin what they had now: it was like how things were when they were twelve instead of nine...

D.O nodded to himself resolutely, Nami may be a reporter but she didn't seem dangerous. Surely, things would be fine if he let everything stay as it was? If he just turned a blind eye to what he witnessed? If he just pretended that he didn't know?

He knew that Nami was only going to be with them for a year. After that, she would be gone.

"I could always intervene if she does something..." he pondered.

D.O took the first step down the stairs. He had decided. He will let Nami stay. But, he will be watching her closely from now onwards...

~*~

"Boring. Boring. Boring" Chen repeated monotonously as he flicked through the channels on the TV. He let out a frustrated sigh. "There's nothing good on!"

The other members let out sounds of agreement. It was late in the evening and the EXO members had gathered together after doing their individual activities. Everyone had congregated around the TV, expecting to watch a film but, nothing was deemed worthy of watching according to Chen.

He turned the TV off and leaned back into his beanbag. "What do you guys want to do now?" he asked, addressing the others.

Suho yawned. "We can just talk to each other."