Chapter 18- Best Friend

"Nami-ah!"

I heard Chanyeol call out to me before my vision started to blur. I was feeling dizzy and my world started spinning around as the sound of thundering footsteps approached us.

I staggered to one side as I was enveloped by the herd of fangirls that came screaming as they headed towards Chanyeol and Suji. The fangirls pushed and shoved each other aggressively as they competed on who could get to them first. As they passed me by, I was pushed and flung to the ground and I landed face-flat on the concrete floor.

A jolt of pain shot up my left leg as I was trampled on. The heavy weight of fangirls crushed me as they eagerly tried to catch up to Chanyeol and Suji. I screamed in pain but, not a single one of them paid any attention.

Once the stampede had passed, I gently pushed myself back up, carefully inspecting the damage inflicted on my poor leg. I winced as I tried moving it. It had been badly twisted.

I inspected myself to see if I had sustained any other injuries. And that was when I noticed that my phone was missing. I had dropped it during the stampede!

I searched my surroundings and found it, kicked to the curb, the screen cracked. With my good leg, I hobbled over to it and saw that the screen wasn't switching on. "No, no, no!" I cried, pressing the power button desperately. The green light flashed at the corner to indicate it was on but the screen remained black. I felt tears spring to my eyes. "My photo with BTS..."

The sound of the fangirls screaming again caught my attention. They had Suji and Chanyeol trapped in a captive circle. Chanyeol looked like a wild rabbit staring at headlights as the fangirls pestered him with questions, their phones in front of their faces as they captured his every move on camera.

Chanyeol had his arms around Suji in a protective embrace. He was looking around desperately as if he was searching for something. I didn't know why I was feeling this way but, seeing Chanyeol holding Suji so closely made me feel a stab of hurt. He had protected her from the wrath of the fangirls and had left me to fend for myself.

Didn't I matter?

I was about to go and call out to him when he and Suji suddenly bolted to a black car nearby. I watched as Chanyeol helped Suji inside before he was dragged in and the door was shut only in the nick of time. The fangirls banged on the windows persistently, urging Chanyeol to open up the door. But the black car drove off, leaving a trail of fangirls in hot pursuit. I watched as the black car disappeared into the distance.

"Did you see that girl who was with Chanyeol-oppa?" I overheard one of the fangirls say.

"Yeah! I got a video of them hugging" another one replied.

"Do you think she's his girlfriend?"

"Omo! What if she is?"

I hid my face as I hobbled in the other direction. It was best to avoid the fangirls in case any of them remembered me talking to Suji and Chanyeol earlier. "But the bus stop is in that direction," I told myself out loud. I looked back and saw that there was still a huddle of fangirls, loitering around.

I sighed, "I'll go to the next stop."

As I limped along the pavement, I felt my broken phone in my pocket. "If only I could call Xiumin-oppa" I muttered dejectedly. Not only had I lost my photo with BTS, I had also lost my means of communication with both the EXO members and Richard. Not that I wanted to call Richard anyway.

I winced. My left leg was throbbing with pain. "If only I had some money with me..." I said to myself. My stomach grumbled and I patted it, "Yeah, I know. I hadn't forgotten about you too."