What if? Operation: Cupid's Arrow

A kaleidoscope of colours danced across the black, glossy floor as the overhead spotlights spun around in the nightclub. Rays of neon lights sliced through the darkness like laser beams from the DJ's stand as the DJ headbanged and jived to the music that was blaring from the huge speakers. Tangible vibrations reverberated across the dance floor while the K-pop idols danced along without any reservation. Their bodies were like shadows, intertwined and pressed close together in a huddle, as they swayed along to the music in flirtatious and provocative ways.

Nami winced as the oppressive beat hit her like a drum. It was so loud in the nightclub and so dark too, that she immediately felt out of her depth. She immediately regretted coming.

"Are you okay, Nami-ah?"

Nami turned to her side and saw that it was Xiumin. She smiled at him feebly, "I-I'm just not used to clubbing..."

Xiumin raised his hand next to his ear to show that he couldn't hear her. He shouted, "What did you say?" he drew his ear closer to her mouth, surprising her with his close proximity.

She repeated, "I'm not used to clubbing" but a little louder this time.

Xiumin pulled away and gave her a kind smile. "Don't worry about it" he yelled over the music. "Just mingle with the others-- they don't bite."

Nami gave him an uncertain smile. It was finally after the Gayo Daejun concert and Nami and the EXO members were at the after party. The party was exclusive to the K-pop idols who had performed during the concert and she was the only non-idol guest. Normally, Nami didn't mind being the odd one out but, when she was surrounded by dazzling female idols that had goddess-like features, she couldn't help feeling insecure and extremely self-conscious.

She glanced around her and saw that the EXO members had started dispersing and splitting off into smaller groups as they greeted other idols who they were friends with. Nami stood rigidly on the ground as she awkwardly smiled at some idols who met her eye by accident. She felt really uncomfortable and it didn't help that the EXO members had left her to fend for herself.

Like a wallflower, Nami walked up to the bar, where she found it was less busiest, as everyone else was busy getting it down on the dance floor. She made eye contact with the bartender and he jutted his chin upwards as if to ask what she wanted to drink. "Can I have er..." she thought for a second. "Do you have anything non-alcoholic here?"

The bartender scoffed in disbelief, "Non-alcoholic? In a nightclub?"

"You're right. Never mind" she turned away from the bartender and tried to make herself look busy. But inside, Nami couldn't wait to go home.

"What's a pretty lady like you doing alone?" asked an unfamiliar voice.

Nami turned to face the stranger who had approached her. When she did, she saw a handsome man with dark brown hair and pronounced jawline. He smiled at her to reveal a perfect band of white teeth and his dark eyes twinkled like a pair of jewels.

Nami had to look at her surroundings just to check that this handsome stranger was addressing her. The stranger chuckled at her reaction, "Yes, it's you who I'm talking to. The pretty lady in the white dress." He leaned in closer and Nami noticed how broad his shoulders were.

"I-I'm not alone" Nami replied shyly. She wasn't used to talking to random people in nightclubs. And she wasn't at all familiar with the person in front of her.

The stranger continued to grin as he extended his hand out for a handshake. "I'm Jackson, by the way. Jackson Wang."

Nami peered at his fair hand and took it in hers, gently. "Jackson?" Nami repeated, "As in, Jackson from Got 7?"