2

B.

"Did y'all see me out there?! Let's go! I'm the young Tom Brady, but better." Karim came running through the gate.

My son could be so arrogant, but I can't blame him.

He was a freshman on varsity in every sport he played. Even though school just started, we know he's going to be on varsity because the coaches recruited him personally.

I made sure to have him playing AAU during his offseason AKA summer time. But in the summer time is when football workouts start. Most times he'd do both.

He inspired me. He was the most hardworking kid I knew.

"Yes, I saw you. You did amazing, baby." I hugged him and he picked me up and spun us around. "Little boy, I will knock you out. Put me down."

He laughed and put me down. "Hey Grandma." He said hugging her as well.

"Did you record me? Man, When I scored that touchdown... I was like skrt. Get off me. spin move. DIVE INTO THE ENDZONE!"

I giggled. "I recorded you, I'll show you later. It may not be any good. I was too busy screaming."

"Okay,"

"Where do you want to go to celebrate?"

"Uhhhhh... I'll think about it while I get dressed." He ran to the locker room and I smiled at him. I love him so much.

I saw jay coming over out the corner of my eye. "Be cool, mom. Act natural." I told her as I fluffed my hair.

"What?" She asked confused.

"Shh girl nothing."

"Beyoncé, right?" Jay said making me smile.

I nodded. "Jay."

I felt like I was in high school the way I was blushing and cheesing for no reason.

"I just wanted to tell you goodbye before I left. Your son played a good game."

"Just good?" I teased.

"I mean amazing, extraordinary, whatever. It was dope. He can go places."

"Mhm." I said biting my lip. "Thank you. I'll make sure I tell him. He'll appreciate it."

"Aight, ma. I'll see you la-"

"Hey, how you doing? Great. Mom, let's go." Karim said pulling me by my arm.

I hit him with my purse. "Cut It out. Get off of me."

"I'm just ready to go."

I frowned and rolled my eyes. "Go Get in the car and get out of my face." I handed him the keys and he walked away.

"Sorry, Jay. My son isn't always so rude."

He chuckled. "That's okay."

"It's not, but let me take him to get something to eat before he start calling me."

"Alright. I'll call or text you later maybe."

"See you." I smiled.

This time I watched him walk away and I can say he was fine. All the way down to his shoes.

I walked to the car and expected my mother to be with him.