32

J.

"Daddy!" Blue yelled.

"What is it?"

She happily held up the box of fruit roll ups. "Put it back."

She frowned and dropped the box on the floor. Her and her mother have the same exact attitude. "Pick it up."

She shook her head and folded her arms. "Blue!"

She turned her face away from me. I tried to hold my composure because she was embarrassing me.

I leaned down close to her ear. "Pick it up and put it back or I'm telling mommy."

She sighed a did like I said.

Today Karim was flying out to set his dorm up. It has been a great summer, but it was pretty much over now.

Beyoncé has been understandably been acting a fool, but that's alright.

He chose to go to Stanford and even though it's still in California, it's a long way away and Beyoncé is scared as hell.

"Daddyyyy." Blue whined.

I looked down at her and she pouted.

"I want roll ups please." She said pointing to the same box of fruit roll ups that she just had.

I tried so hard not to smile at how cute she was. "Fine, Blue. But I'm telling mommy it's your fault that we're coming back with stuff that's not on the list."

"Yay!! Thank you, daddy! Thank you!"

She skipped over and put them in the cart.

"Come on, we have to hurry up."

She held on to the cart and giggled as I pushed us through the store making car noises. Her laugh was making me laugh, so I'm sure we looked and sounded silly as hell right now.

After shopping around for everything on the list we were finished and on the way out.

I don't know WHY Beyoncé always thought it was a good idea to send me to the damn store. What do I look like?

It was nice quality time with my daughter though.

I opened the door for Blue and helped her get out. "Go knock on the door."

While she did that I gathered the bags and followed behind her. Luckily when I got to the door, Bey was opening it.

"It's about time." She mumbled.

"Shut up." I mumbled back.

I took the bags in the kitchen and sat them on the counter. "Now put them away, I'm not doing both."

"Who you talking to?" She asked snapping around at me.

"You." I grabbed her waist and pulled her towards me.

"Get off of me."

"Nope."

"Stop, Shawn. I'm sad."

I stepped back enough to look at her. "What you sad for?"

"Because... you know why."

"Because Karim is growing up? You should be happy. It's beautiful."

"You don't understand. When Blue goes off for college you'll understand though. I raised him by myself for his entire life and now I have to watch him leave me."

"Come on with the dramatics. He's not leaving you, he'll be back. And he's not that far, you can see him all the time. And there's FaceTime you can always call him."