XXV

B.

"I'm just tired." I confessed softly.

Karim raised an eyebrow at me. I smiled because that's the same face I make all the time. "Stop looking at me like that, I said what I said."

He chuckled. "If you say so, ma."

He laid across the bottom of my bed as we watched reruns of bad girls club. "These girls are so ratchet." I mumbled.

I turned the tv up to drown out my daughter's screams and giggles. I don't know what her and her father were downstairs doing, but I definitely want them to shut up.

"Dang, it does not need to be that loud."

"Shut up." I laughed. "I know you hear your loud ass sister."

"She gets in from you." He joked and I kicked him playfully.

"Get out of my room."

"Chill..." he dragged. "I'm done."

"You too old to in here laying up under me anyway. Get a hobby. Or a girlfriend. Maybe even a job."

"Okay, chill on me because you really going in right now."

He laughed but I wasn't playing. Karim was too annoying for his own good. Y'all know I love him, but...

"I'll have you know I do have a lady."

"Oh wow. Really?"

"Yup. Her name is Ryan, do you want to meet her?"

I eyed him. "Do you want me to?"

"Eventually. No rush though."

"Don't be bringing no fast girls around me. Especially if you know you're not keeping them around long. And don't bring more than one girl around here at the same time. Better believe ima let them both know that you're playing them."

"Why would you do that!?"

"I've been played with before and I won't sit around and watch you put that type of hurt on other girls. Absolutely not."

"I'm kidding. I'm a gentleman."

"Mhm. Karim, are you a virgin!?" I practically yelled.

"Mommmm!"

"I'm just asking. You know what... don't even tell me."

It got quiet and I saw Karim look at me.

"What?"

He took a dramatic pause. "Can I be honest with you? Promise you won't get mad."

I slowly nodded.

3 years ago
K.

The bell finally rang to dismiss us from school. Spring break was finally here and I couldn't be happier. I really only attend school because I have to, I wish I could just play sports and go home. Too bad it doesn't work like that.

I approached my locker and met up with one of my boys. "What's up, fool?" I greeted him with a handshake.

"Ain't shit." We both got our backpacks and left.

"What you doing spring break, yo?" Amari asked me as we walked out of the building.

"Taking a trip with my mom and them as usual."

"Oh aight. That's what's up."

"What you got planned?"