XVI

B.

It was five o'clock in the morning and what was I doing? Cooking breakfast in nothing but a bra and a pair of boxers I stole.

I woke up and took a shower, I didn't need to worry about having my own soap because Jay uses a cocoa butter suave and that has a unisex scent.

I needed to get ready for work and make it home to take Karim to school, but I'm sitting here cooking breakfast for a nigga that won't be up until at least 9.

I took the last pancake out of the skillet and placed it on a plate in the microwave before wiping the grill off and starting the eggs. I like my eggs sunny side up so that's how I make them for everyone.

I jumped when I felt arms around my waist. "You making breakfast for daddy?" He mumbled in his raspy morning voice.

After I slid the egg on a plate, I turned around and wrapped my arms around his neck. "You really going to eat this early?"

"Yeah, I'd rather have it hot. I can go back to sleep later. You going to stay with me?" He asked smiling.

"I think not. I need to go to work and take my son to school."

He pouted. "Come back after you drop Karim off?"

"I have to work."

"You can't call out for one day? I'll put the money you lose back into your account."

I smirked and he hugged me tighter. "Please, baby. I'm just trying to spend the whole day with you."

"Fine."

"You for real?"

"Yes, Jay." I mumbled against his chest.

"Mmm, you look real good. All this skin you're showing."

"Stoppp. My legs hurt. Just come over when you're done eating."

"Sorry." He kissed me. "And I'll be over later. Thanks for the breakfast, Bey."

"Jay!" I shouted to get his attention.

"Huh? What, baby? What you want?"

I rolled my eyes as he never looked away from the tv.

"You made me miss a day of work so I can watch you watch ESPN?"

"Sorry, I wasn't expecting it to be so good." He said rubbing my thigh.

"That's what he said." I mumbled.

"Funny."

I sucked my teeth. "Jay."

"Alright. Alright. What you want to do, ma?" It's up to you."

"It's LA. Do you know how many things there are to do?"

"So figure something out, smart ass."

"Never mind. I don't want to hang out with your dusty ass anymore."

"Awwww. Chill, baby. I sowwy."