11

B.

"Are you sure about this?"

Karim nodded his head. "Only if you stay."

I shook my head. "No."

"Please!"

I looked at his puppy dog face and gave in. "Karim, I don't want to fight him in this restaurant."

"It's okay. You won't have to."

I nodded and pulled into the parking lot. I wasn't hungry and originally I was only dropping him off to see Nas.

But now that I think about it, it is best that I stay here with him.

We walked into the restaurant and Nas waved us over immediately. Taking a dramatic deep breath, I made my way over there with Karim right behind me.

"Bey... Karim. I really appreciate y'all coming." He greeted as soon as we made it to the table he was sitting at.

"Mhm."

Nas looked up at Karim. Although he was only 5'8 and I was 5'6 and a half, Karim was a whopping 6'2.

It's crazy. He got his height from God or something.

My father is kind of tall, so maybe that contributed to it.

"Damn. Bey you did a great jo-"

"I know."

"I mean he got swag, he don't look dusty, I'm proud."

I rolled my eyes and sat down, Karim sat on my left.

"How could you get a 17 year old pregnant and leave her to fend for herself?" Karim asked immediately.

He has always been bold and outspoken. He never bites his tongue for anybody. I'm not even going to say I was embarrassed by his question, but all I could do was shake my head.

"Well... I was young-"

"She was younger than you. That's not an excuse. She stepped up, why couldn't you?"

"I could've I just... I don't know. And I didn't leave her by herself. She had her sister, mom, and da-"

"Did her sister, mom, or dad lay with her and get her pregnant?" He asked with a straight face.

"Karim..." I hopped in.

"Naw. He's good." Nas chuckled. "I understand you're upset."