V

J.

Ever since the other night, Beyoncé and I been taking things slow.

I mean yeah, I'd love to blow her back out while she screams to the heavens... but I don't want to rush.

Like I said before, I actually care about my body and who I share it with. I'm not your average dope dealer.

Today, her son had a game and she invited me to go with her.

"Yo, yo, yo! Is you home?!" I heard all my boys come in the house and I made my way downstairs.

"Money. Money. Yeah, yeah.." I sang with my hand out.

They all put their money in my hands. We are a family in this drug business, I'm just the head honcho because these dudes can be stupid sometimes.

"Thank you, niggas. Great work." I broke them off some money and handed it to them. "Come on."

They followed me to the basement and I gave them all more work to sell.

"Good looks, Jay."

I nodded. "Get out. I need to be getting ready."

"Where you going?" Nas asked.

"A football game, mind your business."

"Oooouuu his shorty must be going." Emory said laughing.

"Stop. At least I got a shorty. Ugly ass."

"I got plenty of shorties. I probably had yours."

I rolled my eyes. "Bye, y'all. Lame ass niggas. Get out."

"I ain't even do shit." Ty mumbled.

"Guilty by association."

I dapped them up and shut the door before heading up to take a shower.

I listened to my music while I took care of everything. I stood in the mirror in only my briefs while I brushed my hair until my arm got tired.

I put my earrings in and then got fully dressed.

I grabbed my keys, phone, and wallet before heading out.

My car was in the garage so it wasn't too hot when I got inside. I made my way to the school and paid to get into the game.

I knew Beyoncé would be in the front row so that's where I looked.

"Look at you... looking gorgeous as ever. How you doing?" I greeted.

She smiled that infectious smile. "I'm good, thank you. How are you?"

"Better now."

"Stop." She smiled rolling her eyes.

She stood up and I pulled her in for a hug resting my hands right above her ass.

I kissed her cheek before pulling away and taking a seat.

The team ran out and Beyoncé was right back on her feet screaming. "LET'S GO, BABY! Y'ALL SEE MY SON NUMBER 4!"

I smiled to myself as I listened to her. The first play of the game, Karim broke 3 tackles and launched it out for his wide receiver to catch in the end zone.

"Karim Knowles with the touchdown pass to Elijah Wright." The announcer said.

Bey was clapping and screaming, showing all types of support. "THEY CAN'T HOLD YOU, 4!LET'S GO, 4!"

The whole game consisted of Karim being good and Beyoncé cheering for him.

We waited for them to get out of the locker room. I had bought him a Gatorade, hopefully it's enough to get on his good side.

"Hey, baby!" Bey smiles hugging him and rubbing his head.

"Call me Tom Brady, mom."

She laughed at him. "You played amazing, Tom Brady."

"Well thank you."

"Hey. Wassup, man?" I said making my presence known.

He gave me a head nod.

"Here, I got you a Gatorade. Great game."

He took it from my hands. "Thank you, sir."

I looked at Bey and she shrugged. "Karim, you remember Jay? You were rude to him last time you saw him." She mumbled the last part but I heard. "Be nice."

He held his hand out and I shook it. "You can call me Karim or Tom Brady, whatever you're comfortable with."

I chuckled at him. I could already tell he had his mother's personality.

"Can Jay hang out with us to celebrate your win?" Beyoncé asked him.

He quickly looked at me then back at her, "Yeah sure."

• •

Dinner was awkward. Karim and I kept making eye contact and he wouldn't say anything.

Beyoncé tried to help by making small talk, but nothing was working. I even tried.

"So Jay."

I looked up from my food surprised that he was talking to me. "Yeah, wassup?"

"What is jay short for?"

"My childhood nickname, jazzy."

He chuckled and I shook my head. "What's your real name?"

"Shawn."

"Last name."

"Carter."

"Middle name."

"Corey."

"Mhm. How old are you?"

"35."

"You know how old my mom is?"

"31."

"You think because you older than her you can control her?"

"No."

"You think because you bigger and stronger you can control her?"

"No."

"You think because you are a man you can control her?"

"No. I don't want to control her period."

"Do you want to be with her?"

"Maybe in the future."

"You understand that I come first, right?"

"Yes. You are her only child."

"I could have a brother."

"She told me you were the only one."

"You want to knock her up?"

"Maybe in the future."

"What do you do for a living? My mom is a registered nurse. She makes good money and we don't need a freeloader."

"I work for my family's company."

"Do you make good money?"

"Damn good."

"What does that mean? How many figures?"

"That's enough. That's enough." Beyoncé said finally stepping in. "Karim, eat your food."

I sighed. I didn't expect him to make me sweat so much.