9. Ghost Smiles

⚠️Warning⚠️This chapter contains self harm

⚠️Warning⚠️
This chapter contains self harm. PLEASE DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE SUICIDAL OR IF THIS MIGHT TRIGGER YOU.

RACHEL

After ignoring Elliot for the rest of the weekend, I was sitting with Vici in the cafe on a Monday evening instead of being tutored by him in his room.

I couldn't stand him. He wanted to know about my depression. He wanted to know what kind of war was going on in my head. He was crazy. Completely crazy.

Although there was one thing about him that left me curious.

"I've seen and heard a lot of things in my life, which are beyond horrific."

It made me wonder what he meant. Also, his face turned extremely pale when I mentioned the word "rape".

"You seriously have to stop being so hard on him," Vici said, placing another big glass of strawberry milkshake before me.

After topping it with whipped cream, she placed a cherry on the top, which was thrown by me in the thrash can seconds after.

I licked some of the whipped cream off the top of my glass of milkshake while meeting her brown eyes through her crocked glasses.

"I can't stand that loser. There's no point in not being too hard on him. He's eventually going to get sick of me and just drop out of this tutoring thing. It's not like I'm going to pass any of the subjects anyway," I muttered, taking a sip of my favorite drink.

Vici sighed while stirring her cinnamon tea with a spoon. Suddenly, she grinned of mischievousness. 

"You know the name Elliot means winner, right?" She smirked.

"He's a winner at being a shithead. That's for sure," I snapped, annoyed.

"Hot shithead," she corrected, grinning.

I shot her a "are you serious?" look before rolling my eyes.

"It's getting late. Shouldn't you be going?" Vici questioned.

I sighed and drank up my milkshake before casually jumping off the tall chair. My gaze briefly swept across the empty cafe and the heavy rain crashing down from the sky outside the window.

"Hey, stop ignoring him tomorrow!" She exclaimed from behind as I approached the door I loved walking into, but not out of.

"Night, redhead snake!" She added, a huge grin probably plastered across her face.