36. Fresh New Fights

DEDICATION
The_Dweeb I love you ❤️

DEDICATIONThe_Dweeb I love you ❤️

ELLIOT

Something weird was going on. Something really, really weird. Mom was glowing a lot since I returned from camping two days ago. Another thing I had noticed was that she and Mr Louis had become good friends. I'm glad she had a friend though. Even though she always had me, she needed those. Everyone needed a friend sometimes.

However, I was still both curious and confused of why she was glowing like that. I mean, she made a friend, but I'm sure it was a bigger reason behind her sudden, but extremely happy aura.

"Shithead!" Two fingers snapped me before my face, cutting me out of my thoughts.

After blinking twice, I met a pair of flustered, hazel eyes and slightly raised my brows of how close Rachel was leaning towards me. Her hair was braided, the small red braid, resting in front of her right shoulder while a strand of hair hung over her face, down her cheek. She needed to push it away or I would.

"What's wrong? Where are you lost?" She asked, drawing back to look at me with a puzzled expression.

"It's...it's nothing," I mumbled.

"You are the worst liar in history of liars. The worst," she said, flatly with her arms crossed over her chest.

"It's mom," I paused. "She seems different. She's kind of glowing like all the time ever since we returned from the camping."

Slightly confused herself, Rachel raised her brows. "Um, okay. Perhaps she's just really happy here. What's wrong with that?"

"It's nothing wrong with that. I just...I feel like there's some other reason behind that glow on her face," I respond.

Rachel adorably wrinkles her nose in confusion while thinking a little to hard. Suddenly, realization hits her almost like a slap. Her eyes widen for a minute before her gaze snaps to me. Out of the blue, an exciting grin breaks across her face.

"I think I might have an idea. But I want you to see it with your own eyes so what you say we spy on her a bit?"

"Spy? On my mom? What? That's crazy and stupid," I said, completely against the idea.

"No, it's fun and mischievous. Let's do it," she argues, enthusiastically.

"You're all for fun and mischiefs aren't you?" I raised my brows, knowingly.