38. Stargazing

VICTORIA

VICTORIA

"Aren't you going to see what you got?"

Will's voice breaking the silence in the room startled me, my head snapping up to meet his gentle, yet mesmerizing sky blue eyes. It had been solid five minutes since the bell rung and everyone had already left the biology classroom. I was sitting alone in my seat, looking at my biology paper in my trembling hands.

"Yeah, um, I just...," I trailed off, swallowing hard.

"Victoria." Will grabbed my wrists, looking down at me with a small smile.

"It's okay. It's just a biology test," he said, reassuringly.

No. It's isn't.

This wasn't just a biology test. This was my brain's test. My test. This was the first test I had taken since I became addicted to drugs and alcohol. The grade on this test meant a lot. The result of this test meant a lot to the last piece of dignity I had left. It meant a lot to me. This grade would show how much my brain had been damaged because of overdose of alcohol and drugs. How much I was damaged.

"Do you want me to check for you?" He asked.

"Please. Do it," I sighed, exhaling a shaky breath.

Will took the sheet out of my trembling hands and turned it around, his gazing sweeping over it before it stopped on my grade.

"And the one and only Victoria Roman scored a," he paused, a grin appearing on his face.

"What?! What did I get?" I asked, rapidly standing up, my heart about to burst out of my chest.

His sexy grin widened. "B+."

Dumbfounded, I rose to my feet with a gaping jaw and eyeballs one the verge to fall out of my face. Before I knew it, I was screaming and squealing like an idiotic, overjoyed girl. A happy girl. "YES, YES, YES, YESS! OH MY GOD, YESS!"

Without thought, I jumped to Will, pulling him into a crushing embrace, clinging on as hard as I could. Will stood frozen for a few seconds before laughing as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Thank you so much. You are a biology hero!" I squealed, extremely happily. As I drew back, my face hurt of smiling so widely.

"Ooh , I love that name. So much better than Willie," he chuckled, grinning of amusement.

Snatching, my paper out of his hands, I smirked. "Thank you so much for helping me in biology, Willie."