30. A Story Far From Over

RACHEL

RACHEL

During my sleep I was constantly being annoyed by someone trying to push me off my extremely cozy, comfortable and soft pillow. It confused me that it was slowly rising and falling, rhythmically, but I was too sleepy to care. Suddenly, gunshots pierced painfully through my ear and I clenched my hands onto the fabric of my pillow as tightly as I could.

Just before I was awaken, I found myself sitting on my knees in a place that would never fade from my mind. A memory that will never be erased from my exhausted mind, heart and soul. My home.

Confused, I looked around, but nobody was present here except me. However, that was before my gaze stopped on a tall shadow of a figure in black clothing who was nearing me. For every step he took, the better view I got of his right hand around dad's neck and his left hand around mom's. They were alive and real. Tears of joy rolled down my cheeks but the slightest piece of relief and happiness that ignited within my chest, instantly faded when they looked at me with immense fear all over their faces.

"Kill them." His brutal, cold voice echoed in my ears and I completely froze when I felt the cold metal between my hands. My gaze slowly dropping down in my lap, my heart stopped and shivers ran down my spine when I looked at the weapon I destroyed my whole world with. With one single shot, I made my whole world come crashing down.

For a moment, I stared at the killing machine in my hands before gazing at my parents. They looked both horrified and terrified, causing a mix of an emotion called intense fear cloud their faces. Suddenly, my hands were rising and so was the cold metal in them. I squeezed my eyes shut while trying to push them down, but my efforts were useless. The murderer Rachel had full control over the good Rachel. I was too busy fighting with the other Rachel, I didn't even get the chance to react when the trigger was pulled, and two gunshots went off, straight through the beautiful hearts of my parents.

Mom and dad let out an agonized scream, blood dripping from their chest as their words echoed in my ears like a gunshot straight through my heart, "Murderer." Their sinister eyes bored into mine, cracking my soul into fragile pieces.

And then I screamed so loudly and agonizingly that my whole body jolted up and every bone in my body cracked. The playground we fell asleep on came to sight and Elliot, my pillow was gazing at me with wide, concerned eyes beneath me. As the gunshots repeated over and over again in my head, my scream didn't stop while tears came rushing down my cheeks like a waterfall.

"Rachel!" Elliot rapidly grabbed me by the shoulders, but I violently flinched. My heartbeat was raging on, my pulse as loud as thunder. It felt like I was bathing in my own sweat, my throat was extremely dry and breathing didn't come easily. It almost felt like someone was choking me to death. Panicked, my whole whole body was shaking of immense fear, horror and agitation.