40. Precious

VICTORIA

VICTORIA

I was exhausted. Both mentally and physically. My head was rapidly throbbing, because of studying nonstop the past few weeks. I was finally done with all my tests and exams. That was the first thing I was happy about. The second thing was...Will.

We had grown closer for each evening we studied biology together. He was so funny, cute, sweet, and kindhearted. Did I mention he was cute? Like really, really cute?

The way he said my name or when he called me Tori, melted my insides. My heart did so many back flips around him. I wonder if he felt the same way. I kind of felt he did. Every time our skin briefly came in contact, he blushed so adorably.

I was lying in my bed in my dorm when I suddenly heard shouting right outside my window, causing me to jump out of my bed.

Was it a thief?

Shit! What if it was someone who I got drugs from. I came across many drug and alcohol addicts during the three months I lived on the streets. Most of their faces were a blur, but their voices, their drunk state and their way of forcing me to come back for more, still lingered in my mind like an unremovable memory.

As the shouting and laughing continued, my palms felt sweaty while my heart thundered in my chest. Carefully, I stepped towards the window, but didn't find anybody outside.

Maybe I was just hallucinating?

I was about to leave, but the shouting returned, causing me to flinch violently and accidentally knock down a book from my desk. It landed with a loud thud on the floor. My pulse felt like thunder and my heartbeat increased dangerously fast. Pulling myself together, I gently opened the window. The last thing I expected was to find a heavy figure crash into me, leading me to stagger backwards and land on the floor with the heavy body on top of me.

My eyes were squeezed shut and for a brief moment, silence fell in my dorm. The only sound I could hear was my heart pounding in my chest and someone's warm breath against my ear. Just when I was about so scream, a familiar scent entered my nostrils. The smell of home. I never had a home, but this scent made me feel home. Will's scent.

Before I could say anything, Will lifted his weight off me by propping himself on his elbows as he stared down at me. He smiled, shyly and apologetically. "Heeeey, Tori."

Still trapped in a terrified trance, I stared at him with a blank expression. However, fear ignited within my eyes, causing my heart to triple in speed. As if he noticed, his shy expression instantly dropped.

"Tori, what's wrong? Are you okay?" He asked after quickly getting off me and placing his hands on my shoulders to pull me up so we were both sitting on the floor, facing each other.