44. I Love Her A Lot

ELLIOT

ELLIOT

You know that unpleasant feeling you get where you feel like you're about die in about five minutes? Or more like five seconds?

I had the exact same feeling when my eyes fluttered open, but instantly shut when the slim beams of the sunlight were like lasers shooting straight into my eyes. My head was throbbing painfully. Each and every limb was angry at me, but mostly my stomach, which was burning while my back was aching. I sat up, but fell back in my bed again. My whole body felt sore.

When I carefully tried to lift my eyelids once more, I met a pair of green eyes. Blinking several times and rubbing my fists over my eyes, I managed to clear my vision and keep my eyes open this time.

I took in my surroundings. I was in my dorm, lying in my bed. Mom was sitting on the edge of the bed, her hand resting over mine. I couldn't quite make out her expression. She was slightly amused, but a hint of worry was mixed with it.

And then it hit me.

"I was drunk," I said, my voice husky, dry and rough. It didn't sound like my voice.

Mom nodded. "You were drunk."

"I was drunk!" I rapidly sat up before I was seized with a violent headache, causing me to press my both palms against each side of my head. I groaned of the immense pain while mom grabbed a glass of water and a pill in her other hand.

Crap. I had a hangover. A bad one.

"Here, take this, dear. It will reduce the pain," she said, putting the pill in my mouth and moving the tip of the glass to my mouth. The water rushed down my dry throat and I exhaled deeply.

"What time is it?" I asked, running my both hands through my hair. I was still in my tuxedo. However, my tie and blazer were neatly placed on my desk. The rose pinned to the pocket on my blazer was gone.

"It's 6 PM." Mom's answer left me wordless. Shocked, my gaping jaw dropped.

"What?! W-What happened?"

"You drank too much of Kingstone academy's wine and got drunk. You fell asleep at 9 AM. Rachel told me she had to sing a bedtime song for you and hold a pillow over your face to keep your eyes shut, because you were acting like a stubborn little kid the whole night," she informed, a hint of amusement reigning across her face.

But I knew better. Something wasn't right. Perhaps it had something to do with Mr Louis. I took mom's small hands in mine and looked at her with a worried frown. "What's wrong?"