15. Broken Glass Hearts

RACHEL

RACHEL

I loved lasagna. I loved the glass of juice next to the plate of lasagna. I loved the desert. Brownies with vanilla ice cream. That was my favorite dinner of the week. Will used to feed me the ice cream while I sat in his lap.

I had to admit that we were that lovey dovey couple, but I loved it and so did he.

Today was exactly 2 years ago since we started dating. Since we both confessed to each other on a date on the roof of the school building. No wonder I felt more heartbroken than usual.

Back to my favorite dinner of the week, which Elliot forced me to eat yesterday evening. I threw it all up minutes after he left. Afterwards, my whole body felt empty and numb as I fell asleep.

It was harder to wake up these days and face this shitty world. I didn't understand why aunt Bella was putting so much effort into keeping me alive. I was just getting worse and closer to death.

Honestly, I felt bad for Elliot. She was using him to watch over me to make sure I didn't try to kill myself again. Study in his room to stay away from sharp stuff and yesterday she made Elliot bring food for me so I didn't starve myself to death.

He was a smart guy. He realized this a long time ago, but why was he still doing everything she was telling him to do?

Why would Elliot care if I lived or died? All he wanted was me to graduate high school, but he and I both knew that he wouldn't be able to keep me alive till then.

I pushed the questions I never found the answers to aside and walked through the corridor and downstairs. Nobody was around to clear the path for me of fear, which I was relieved of. I was not a big fan of everyone at this school treating me like the devil, but maybe that what I had become.

I heard the chattering from the cafeteria I hadn't stepped into for around five months as I headed downstairs. The more I distanced myself from that place, the faster did the suffocation lessened. Laughs, giggling and chuckling made me want to rip my hair off. I missed it. I missed it so much.

As I quickened my steps and reached the end of the stairs, I suddenly felt lightheaded. I blinked several times to clear my blurry vision, hoping the world would stop spinning around.

Just as I lost my balance, my history booked collided with floor, just like my scalp would if the world wouldn't stop spinning around.

"Rachel!"

A too familiar voice prevented a blackout and my body went crashing on the floor as two arms wrapped themselves around my waist from behind.