48. Soaring Through The Twilight

RACHEL

RACHEL

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to Rachel!" Everyone sang, cheerfully.

It had been almost a week since Elliot had been discharged from the hospital and we were currently celebrating my 18th birthday. I didn't want a huge celebration, so instead of throwing a huge party, Elliot and I decided take my friends to the cafe Vici used to work at, which we got for ourselves this whole evening.

After opening many gifts, I blew out the candles and cut the three layer chocolate cake while everyone gave me a huge applause and cheered, enthusiastically.

"Happy birthday, Red. I love you so much," Madelaine pulled me into a tight hug.

We weren't just celebrating my birthday, but also the fact that I was staying after graduation. I didn't want to leave. Vici made me realize that, but so did Elliot's letter. Like Hannah said, you just need to find someone who gives you a purpose. Elliot gave me a purpose. He was my purpose. And I loved him so much.

"I love you too, Maddie," I said, returning the hug. She was dressed beautifully in a red dress, complimenting her sunshine blonde hair.

Afterwards, Sky who looked adorable in her white sleeveless dress, hugged me with a shy smile across her face. "Happy birthday, Rachel. I'm very happy that you're staying."

Smiling, I wrapped my arms around her and nodded. "Thank you."

Afterwards, Will came forward and grinned. Dressed in black jeans and a red buttoned shirt, he looked as handsome as always. Vici was standing next to him. She wore a red skirt and a white top and she had brushed her hair, which I by the way noticed she had started doing more frequently after she joined Kingstone academy. She was even happier day by day.

I pulled them both into a bone crushing hug, causing them to chuckle as they hugged me back.

"I love you two so much," I confessed. And I meant it.

"I love you too. Happy birthday," they both said in unison before cracking a short laugh together with me.

Afterwards, everyone busied themselves with eating the cake while I glanced at Elliot who was sitting by the table next to the window. He was dressed in dark jeans and white buttoned shirt, his hair a bit messy while a bright smile made his beautiful brown eyes sparkle in the moonlight.

Even though he was discharged, Elliot could barely walk without cringing of immense pain. His wound was still deep, but he was on the road to recovery. He was never allowed to lie like that again. I hope that punch
taught him a lesson.