29. Old Married Couples

RACHEL

RACHEL

The bathroom floor was cold as I sat with my legs outstretched before me and my back leaned up against the wall. I had been sitting here for a half an hour, crying and crying. The more I thought about the fact that there was no more Will and Rachel, a load of tears rushed down my cheeks.

I was still in my white lacy dress, my scarred wrists resting in my lap and my body slightly trembling as I continued to weep. Every wave of sadness brooded over my chest and crashed upon my soul.

"I now really, really, really think the only reason I got an admission to this school was because the universe sent me to wipe those big tears of yours. After all, I always find you in this kind of state."

I looked up and found Elliot standing in the doorstep to the bathroom. He was dressed in black jeans and a same old grey and white mixed colored hoodie which seemed to be his favorite, because he wore it almost every evening. A small smile had appeared across his face, hoping I would roll my eyes and throw an insult at him.

However, I didn't. I couldn't stop crying and that made a frown crawl upon Elliot's lips as worry clouded his face. He quickly walked over to me and sat down closely before me. He wiped my tears and continued to frown of concern.

"Hey, what is it? Why are you crying?"
Didn't the evening go as planned with Will?" He asked.

"It did go well. It really did. I really enjoyed it, but I don't know...I just...we had planned out everything. Our future, our marriage, kids. Everything. And now it's all over," I whispered.

Elliot looked at me as if he understood and nodded. He wiped my tears once more, but new ones rushed down.

He smiled, gently. "Life doesn't always go as planned, right?"

I know he was right. Nobody could change that statement. So instead of saying anything at all, I briefly nodded and buried my face against his chest. Elliot ran a comforting arm slowly up and down my back.

"What do you say we go grab pizza and milkshakes? I'm sure you'll feel better when you see Vici. And," he paused.

Sniffling, I sat still in his embrace wondering what his next words were.

"I kind of miss sneaking out with you," he added, quietly.

I couldn't hold back a chuckle and drew back a little to face him with a smile. "I miss that too. Plus, it's been a while since we last visit Vici. I miss her."

"So that's a yes?" He asked with hopeful eyes.

I nodded and he helped me up. I was about to walk past him to the sink to wash my face when he stepped in front of me, blocking my path. His gaze traveled up and down my body. He looked amazed with his cheeks a hint of pink.