12. Help Me

RACHEL

RACHEL

"This is so boring," I mumbled, yawning. I dropped my head on the book, my cheek resting against a picture of Napoleon from the French revolution.

"I'm no big fan of the French Revolution either, but life's a bitch. Now stop kissing the dude instead of reading about him," Elliot snapped, twisting the pen between his fingers.

Dressed in jeans and a wine red t-shirt, he leaned his back against the wall with his legs outstretched before him on his bed we were sitting on. His lips were pursed as he studies the words in the book in his hands closely.

I still couldn't believe Elliot had never tasted pizza before two days ago when I sneaked him out with me to go eat together. The way his face melted when he took his first bite it really did seem as if he fell in love.

I never expected him to be an ex-bad boy. He used to live in a cycle. A cycle he hated. However, I loved the cycle I used to live in before that day. It was a cycle I thought I'd be living in forever, but it didn't last as long as I wanted it to.

"God, you're so fucking annoying," I mumbled under my breath.

Glancing at me, Elliot grinned making his eyes wrinkle and the spark on the edges increased. I assumed he supposedly grinned on purpose just to annoy me even more. And it definitely worked, because I grabbed a pillow and hit him with it. Really hard.

"Ouch, my head," he mumbled, frowning like an innocent puppy while gently rubbing his scalp.

After glancing at the clock, I threw him a fake smile before shutting the history book.

"We're done," I informed before I got off the bed and headed towards the door.

However, I found my self briefly stopping before the mirror on the wall. The reflection of my whole body stared back at me. For some reason, my bare skinny legs looked a little less paler than usual. Why? I wondered.

As I caught Elliot's gaze watching me, I quickly turned away and opened the door. However, before I could step out of the dorm, I felt a few fingers gently close around my bandaged wrist.

Turning around, I met Elliot's concerned gaze.

"What?" I asked, tiredly.

I really need my bed right now. Even though the gunshots would keep me awake, I needed my bed. I needed oblivion. Oblivion from this...world.

When he didn't reply and continued to stand awkwardly shy in front of me, I sighed of exasperation. "I don't have all the time in the world here."