32. Welcome Back To High School

RACHEL

RACHEL

"What?! Are you two serious right now?" Vici asked, clearly denying my idea.

"It would be good for you and so much fun," I argued.

After I shared my idea of wanting Vici to join our school with Elliot, he couldn't agree more. Thus, we were currently suggesting the idea to Vici after arriving at the cafe. However, she was completely against it. In fact, she hated the idea.

Amused, Elliot was sipping his milkshake while being entertained by me and Vici bickering back and forth. His amused grin was so annoying that I wanted to punch him.

Vici rapidly shook her head. "You know this idea even sounds completely wrong, right?"

"What? Why?" I asked.

"I don't have the kind of money to attend a school that expensive, I like working here, I need to continue to attend rehab and I also recently found out that I have to start seeing a psychologist," she informs, sipping her cinnamon tea.

"A psychologist?" I asked, flustered.

"Yeah. That's what I meant when I told you I had to talk to you about my health and rehab last night. I need to start going to rehab more often and see a psychologist. I thought I was getting better, but according to the people at rehab, I still have a long way to go. That's why, I have no time for school," she informed, firmly.

"Don't worry. I can pay for everything. I'll pay your school fees and you can still go to rehab and to the psychologist. I'll pay for that too. Just please join our school," I said, almost pleading.

"No. No way. Taking that much money from you is completely wrong. I can't and I won't," she said, sternly.

"Come on, Vici. I just want you to have a good future. You can't stay at this cafe your whole life. If you can join our school, you can make friends, graduate, go to college and have a good life," I told her, smiling.

Vici froze. For a long moment, she sat still across from me and Elliot and stared at me with an unreadable expression. Suddenly, she rapidly sat her cup hard down on the counter so the sound of the cup almost cracking made both Elliot and I flinch. It was then I noticed anger igniting in her eyes.

"Excuse me? What did you just say?" She whispered, harshly.

"Don't forgot that I want an ending as much as you want one. So don't you fucking dare to try talking me out of it, because I have never tried to talk you out of it. I don't like this world. I hate it. People are so mean, selfish and terrible. As far as I can remember, I have never wanted to live in this world. I hate being here. I hate existing in this world. I always will. And I will always wish for an ending," she confessed, every word loud and clear.